Sunday, June 18, 2017

My Summer Bucket List 2017

Sunflowers Blooming Outside Our Back Door

Once again, the summer season is upon us and, as always, it promises to be a busy one. I have been thinking about some of the things that I'd like to do this summer and some of the things that I hope to accomplish over the course of it. I know that, in reality, I probably won't get to all of them, but having a list will certainly help me to focus on the season and remind me to enjoy it to the fullest! 


"...ye see and know of your own selves that summer is now nigh at hand" 
(Luke 21:30).


My Summer Bucket List 2017

1. Write my summer bucket list
2. Write my summer reading list
3. Lead a wildflower hike at Battle of Island Mound State Historic Site
4. Celebrate Independence Day by attending a city-wide fireworks display
5. Visit the Kansas City Zoo
6. Get the rest of my plants moved over from the old place
7. Finish cleaning out the old house and get it sold
8. Spend time with one of my oldest and dearest friends before she moves away
9. Hike all six trails at Prairie State Park to experience each in summer splendor:

        a) Drovers
        b) Gayfeather
        c) Path of the Sky People
        d) Path of the Earth People
        e) Coyote
        f) Sandstone

10. Attend a Project Wild and Wild About Elk workshop 
11. Celebrate summer birthdays with the grandlittles
12. View the total solar eclipse in the path of totality on August 21st
13. Enjoy a summer storm
14. Spend a few days away visiting friends at Truman Lake
15. Go stargazing
16. Plan and complete summer programs at work:

        a) Summer Fun Program - Bugs
        b) Saturday Afternoon Program - Getting Ready For The               Total Solar Eclipse
        c) Explorer Daycamp 2017 - It's What You Don't See -                   Lesser Known Prairie Animals
        d) Summer Fun Program - Worms
        e) Saturday Evening Program - Bats

17. Lead a bison hike
18. Spend some time squatchin' with my Aunt Bev 
19. Catch fireflies in a jar 
20. Make red, white, and blue Jello
21. Watch Yankee Doodle Dandy with James Cagney

22.Create a moon garden in the backyard
23. Host a cookout
24. Go camping with my husband
25. Visit Wilson's Creek National Battlefield with my husband and Cousin Dave
26. Eat watermelon
27. Celebrate my birthday with a banana split
28. Go wading in the creek
29. Visit Grand Gulf State Park and get Passport stamp
30. Visit Roaring River State Park and get Passport stamp
31. Visit Arrow Rock Historic Site and get Passport stamp

32. Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
33. Attend Project Flying Wild at the Missouri River Bird Observatory @ Arrow Rock, Missouri

That's what's on my summer bucket list. What's on yours? 

Until next time...
~Rebecca

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love your list! You know where to find mine.
    I am going to add watermelon the my list.
    I'd love to go north and see the eclipse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! Our plan is to go to our daughter's park to watch the eclipse in totality. I'm really excited about it. Am working on a program to present at work on it, too! Enjoy your watermelon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lots of great things planned this summer!

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!