Friday, July 14, 2017

My Thrifty Week - Post #2


Greetings, Dear Ones!

Here in Southwest Missouri summer is in full swing with daily temperatures hovering in the 90's, which leaves me looking forward to the arrival of fall with much anticipation. In fact, I think I would be quite content should autumn decide to come and stick around year-round! 😉

As for this week's 'thrifty week' post, there's not a lot to share, but here goes with what there is...

My husband and I are continuing our Dollar-S-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g, Cabinet-Cleaning, Clean-Up-The-Food Project Plans For July.  (You can read more about that by following the links at the end of this post.)

- I only made one trip to town this week and it was to the town that is closest town to us (18 miles away). Many weeks require multiple trips to town and often to towns 40+ miles away (one way). This means that gas money was saved this week. 

- My friend, Dorothy, came to stay a few days this week. Normally, when company is in, we feel compelled to entertain them by going out and doing stuff. This usually results in meals being eaten out, too, and that can add up to big bucks in a short time. Dorothy and I have known each other for 46 years. We are content to just sit and visit and do everyday life together...no unnecessary running around and no meals out. We ran a few errands that first day, then spent the rest of our time hanging out at the house, visiting, catching up, reminiscing about old times, and eating whatever food happened to be on hand. We had a great time and were content to just be together. What a blessing!

- Someone shared sweet corn with our daughter and her family this week and she shared enough with us to make a couple of meals. It was delicious!

- I purchased fresh vegetables this week from a friend who sells them from her farm. I got several nice zucchini for 50 cents a piece and tomatoes, peppers, and potatoes at bargain prices compared to the grocery store, plus they're so fresh and nutritious! 

Well...that's it for this time!

Until next time...
~Rebecca


Related posts:

My Thrifty Week - Post #1


Dollar-S-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g, Cabinet-Cleaning, Clean-Up-The-Food Project Update - Week #1



Dollar S-t-r-e-t-c-h-i-n-g, Cabinet-Cleaning, Clean-Up-The-Food Project Kick-Off





1 comment:

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!