Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Good WEDNESDAY Afternoon

Good WEDNESDAY Afternoon, Sweet Ladies!

All of a sudden I felt like sitting down, taking a break, and getting in a good visit with you all. It's been a long time since I've done that and I've missed it. 

This week, like all the others, is flying by. Monday was crazy. I didn't accomplish half of what I set out to do, but, at the end of the day it didn't matter. It was a good day with a great ending! Got to go listen to several of our grandchildren recite their scripture verses as part of the National Bible Bee. Papa and I were super proud of all of them! 🐝 

Yesterday was spent at the cancer treatment center in Joplin with my friend, Laura, who is undergoing chemo for breast cancer. It's been quite a journey for her and it has been a blessing to both of us to be able to share in this journey together. Breast cancer is a terrible, terrible thing, yes, but the Lord is good; His mercy and grace abundant. Laura stands daily on Psalm 118:17 declaring that she will live and not die and will continue to declare the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. I stand in agreement with her. You can meet Laura and keep up with her progress by visiting her blog at Harvest Lane Cottage. I know that any and all prayers on her behalf would be most appreciated! 🙏

Today has been fairly quiet. I haven't gotten anything major accomplished really, but have wiped out several small jobs that have needed doing for quite some time. In addition to that, I had an enjoyable outing with one of our granddaughters in celebration of her 10th birthday. It was a lot of fun! 🎈🎂🎉

As I write this there is a torrential downpour taking place outside. It looks like more storms are on the way, so I suppose I better get a move on and get supper fixed before they arrive. You all have a great evening and I'll talk with you again soon!

Until then...
~Rebecca

Other recent posts that you might enjoy...

The Great American Total Solar Eclipse 2017 Is Happening In Less Than A Week!




3 comments:

  1. You have been a wonderful friend, sister, and support to me through this. Having a like minded, praying in faith, believing God friend means all the world to me right now. Knowing that you're with me through this has put skin on Jesus for me. Thank you. Crazy phrase, I know, but you're doing it.

    Love ya!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update. I will be praying for your friend Linda.

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!