Thursday, August 10, 2017

My Thrifty Week - Post #6


Hello! And welcome to "My Thrifty Week" - Post #6! 🙋 

How has your week been thus far? Mine has been pretty calm compared to usual and the weather has been beautiful! It had cooled off there for a couple of days and hints of autumn permeated the air, but, now, it has warmed back up and, after the weekend rains, the humidity is soaring. 

(Rebecca whispers) Have I mentioned to you before that I love fall and can't wait for its arrival? 😏 (Rebecca laughs out loud) I know! Only about a hundred times! 😆

🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂🍁🍂

Okay...so on to this week's "thrifty happenings"!  

- This week we were able to shut the air conditioner off much of the time. I do have it back on now because the humidity is so high, but, over the weekend and for the first half of the week it was off. That should result in a lower electric bill come September.
- I had enough points on my Amazon Rewards that I was able to order a new filters for the vacuum cleaner for FREE! How cool is that???
- I found this huge container of red, green, and gold Christmas ornaments valued at $24.98 for only $2.00 at a thrift store this week. I plan on using the really big ones to decorate the front porch at Christmastime and the others will be incorporated into other decorating and craft project ideas.
   
- I love finding money that I didn't know I had! This week I discovered, by accident, that I had a $13.00 balance at Paypal. I used the money towards an online purchase that I was in the middle of making when the discovery was made. Yeah! 

- I purchased $10.00 worth of zucchini and yellow squash again this week from my friend that grows and sells at a farmer's market. What I get from her for $10.00 would cost two or three times that (at least) at the grocery store, so it's quite a savings for us and it's wonderful getting in on the fresh-from-the-garden summer bounty! 

That's it for the "thrifty happenings" here this week! What "thrifty happenings" are happening at your house?

Remember..."A penny saved is a penny earned!" Little things done consistently add up to big savings over time! 

Until next time...
~Rebecca


Related and recent posts that you might enjoy:


My Thrifty Week - Post #5







No comments:

Post a Comment

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!