Monday, October 2, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday - October 2, 2017


Greetings, Dear Ladies! 


It's the first Monday of October and I'm so glad to be joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and all the sweet ladies of Happy Homemaking Monday again this week! 

You know...last week was just a blur. I posted on Monday, but forgot to link my post back to the site until days later, and I never did get a chance to go back and check out some of the other ladies' posts from last week. I'll try to do better this week. I do value and appreciate all of you!

 The weather...

Today is supposed to be warm (mid 80's), but cooler weather is on the way. One night coming up in the 10-day forecast is supposed to get down to 47 degrees. I can dig it! That's the night I want to have a bonfire! 🔥


Right now I am...

Having a cup of tea, working on this post, working on laundry, and making lists. Over the next few days I'm hoping to catch up on a bunch of little projects that need to be done in addition to all the regular stuff that has to be done.

On my reading pile... 

A Fresh Anointing by Kenneth E. Hagin and, in preparation for an upcoming preschool program at the local library, a bunch of children's books on spiders and their webs. I need to wade through them to see which ones I want to read aloud and recommend.


On the menu this week....

(Please note that all of these meals are Trim Healthy Mama friendly, but since I'm not taking the time this week to list all the specifics, if you want the page numbers to the recipes, please, feel free to leave a comment, shoot me an e-mail, or message me. I'd be happy to share them with you.)

- Monday - Meatloaf, cauliflower mashed potatoes, and green beans 
- Tuesday - Chicken, broccoli, mushroom stir-fry and brown rice
- Wednesday - Crockpot lasagna
- Thursday - Beans and cornbread 
- Friday - Salmon, baked sweet potato, and leftover vegetables
- Saturday - leftovers 
- Sunday - leftovers 


On my to do list....

- Monday - Complete my weekly "home blessing"; go over this week's planner, make lists, figure monthly bills, pull out the fall clothes and start packing up the summer ones

- Tuesday - Pay bills, attend the grand opening of our friend's ice cream shop, and pick up walnuts, and attend choir practice with the grandlittles
- Wednesday - Grocery shop, close on the old house
- Thursday - Work (have school groups coming in)
- Friday - Work (school groups)
- Saturday - out of town
- Sunday - Church, doing something special with dh (not sure what yet, but something)

In the craft basket...


Working on a craft project for an upcoming mushroom homeschool program at work.

Looking forward to this week...


Getting together with my aunt and cousins to enjoy a day of autumn fun.

From the camera...

Downy Gentian
It's blooming on the tall-grass prairie right now.

Scripture Reading....

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither 
have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath 
prepared for them that love him" (I Corinthians 2:9).

Well, Ladies, that's if for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed week ahead and I will see you next time!

Until then...
~Rebecca


Recent posts that you might enjoy:

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your set for a pretty busy week. I'll be curious to see which spider books you decide are program worthy. Those flowers are really pretty. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!