Monday, October 30, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday - October 30, 2017


Good Monday Morning, Sweet Ladies! 


How is everyone? I trust that you had a great week last week and are fired up and ready to face whatever challenges come your way this week head on! 

Despite the fact that I've been battling a head cold and chest congestion the entire time, this past week has been a good one. I ended up not going out of town on Wednesday as planned, so that resulted in me having TWO days off in a row with nothing in particular planned...which was wonderful! It's been a long time since anything like that has happened! I spent those days doing stuff with family and working around the house and I enjoyed it very much! I look forward to more of the same as we move into November. 🦃

The weather...

Temperatures have been near or below freezing the past couple nights, but the temperature right now is 49 degrees. The week ahead doesn't look bad at all with daytime temps most days in the 60's and 70's and nighttime temps in the mid-50's.

Frost Flower

Speaking of weather (and weather phenomena) be sure and check out my post on frost flowers. They've been out in droves the past couple of mornings and they are so beautiful! 💗

Right now I am...

Enjoying a pumpkin spice English muffin, a Triple Zero Vanilla Yogurt, and a steaming cup of hot tea. I've got a lovely Farm Apple Pumpkin candle flickering nearby and am listening to the washing machine hum as it spins out the first load of laundry for the day. 

On my reading pile... 

How You Can Be Led by the Spirit of God
by Kenneth E. Hagin
A Woman After God's Own Heart
by Elizabeth George


I've read this book many times over the years, but it's been several years since reading it last, so I decided to revisit it now...and it's wonderful! It's like visiting an old and very dear friend! This truly is my all-time favorite book ever!

On the menu this week....

- Monday - leftovers from the weekend
- Tuesday - Chicken Parmy, sauteed zucchini, and green fries
- Wednesday - Cabb and Saus Skillet
- Thursday - Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, peas
- Friday - 
Crispy Salmon Siesta, sauteed zucchini
- Saturday - Vegetable beef soup
- Sunday - leftovers

On my to do list....

- Monday - Weekly "home blessing", laundry, take a friend grocery shopping in Carthage
- Tuesday - T
racts and treats to trick-or-treaters, write final 31 Day post
- Wednesday - Go over planner, make lists, figure November bills and budget, fall cleaning 
(deep clean bedroom, bathroom, and hallway)
- Thursday - Fall cleaning (deep clean livingroom, wash curtains)
- Friday - Pay bills, work, make bison chili for National Bison Day event
- Saturday - Work (National Bison Day celebration and event)
- Sunday - Church

In the craft basket...

Nothing at the moment, but am in search of wild turkey craft ideas to use with upcoming preschool and homeschool programs at work. If anyone has any feel free to comment.

Looking forward to this week...

Starting fall cleaning before the holidays and MAYBE going camping with my husband over the weekend if time and weather permit.

From the camera...

This is my favorite bison at Prairie State Park. It is a bull named Joseph (short for Chief Joseph...a.k.a. #28). There is a long and on-going story behind my love for this powerful, majestic, and extremely beautiful animal and, someday, I will share it here. In the meantime, a picture of my boy will have to suffice. This photo of Joseph was taken last week when the bison had their annual vet checks. As you can see, Chief Joseph wasn't too happy when he came out of the squeeze shoot, but praise God, when it was all over, he was still free to roam his beautiful tall-grass prairie home!

Scripture Passage...

"Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them. Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools. They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God" (Psalm 84:5-7).


Well, Ladies, that's it for this week. I pray that each and every one of you have a wonderful week ahead and that the Lord's blessings in your life are many. 

Until next time...
~Rebecca

Today I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and all the sweet ladies of Happy Homemaking Monday!



12 comments:

  1. Great post - your breakfast sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pamela! It was! Thanks for reading and commenting! Have a blessed day! <3

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, Schotzy! By the way, you have a beautiful blog! Thanks for taking the time to stop in and for leaving a comment!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post but I expected nothing less:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! You're way too kind! Thanks for reading and commenting though. I really appreciate it! Makes my day when folks take the time to comment. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Have a blessed week ahead! <3

      Delete
  4. Hope you are feeling better! I checked my kid and preschool Pinterest boards for crafts but the only turkey thing, non-food related, I could find were for a feather matching game (on paper, not with real feathers) or an owl craft that might be fun to adapt. It used leaves as the owl feathers. The frost flowers are so pretty. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am, Jean, as long as I stay on the Alka-Seltzer Plus Cold Medicine! LOL! Thanks for going to the trouble of checking the Pinterest boards. I've looked, but haven't really found what I'm looking for...which...to be honest...I have no idea what that might be at this point, but something will click at some point. Thanks for looking though. And, yes, frost flowers are uh-mazing! Soooo beautiful! Have a great week ahead, my friend, and be blessed! <3

      Delete
  5. Awesome! I loved reading this. Visitors kept me from wringing the flag couple days. Maybe tomorrow. I'll look at your link to Baca.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in and commenting, Laura! <3

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!