Monday, November 13, 2017

Happy Homemaking Monday - November 13, 2017


Good Morning, Dear Ladies! And HAPPY MONDAY! 😊

I pray that this post finds each and every one of you healthy, happy, serving the Lord with gladness, and ready and willing to face the challenges of a new week head on!

Much has happened here since our last meeting. I pretty much got the deep cleaning done that I had hoped to and am chomping at the bit to decorate for Christmas. 🎄 If not this week, perhaps next before heading to our youngest daughter's for Thanksgiving. 🦃 We'll see. 

I finally made it to the Amish store last week and got stocked up on dry goods. I laid away a good supply of oat bran, natural sea salt, nutritional yeast, bulk spices, and other things that we were out of or close to being out of. We only make it there a few times a year, so it's always a joy and a blessing when we can actually get around to making it happen! Yeah!

I worked Friday and Saturday, but there wasn't much going on. It was really pretty quiet. I spent most of my time preparing for this week's turkey programs...two at the local library and a homeschool program at the park on Friday. 🦃

Okay...so on to this week...

The weather...

The weather's not been too bad temperature-wise (daytime temps in the 50's; nights in the 30's and 40's), but it's been super cloudy for days! The forecast is showing high temps steady in the 50's and 60's and only one low in the 30's for the foreseeable future. This will be good as far as the heating bill is concerned and, hopefully, it will stay nice, making travel over the holiday more certain for many.

Right now I am...

Having a cup of tea as I work on this post and thinking about the day ahead. I need to get showered and dressed soon.

On my reading pile... 

Still plugging away on these same two. About half done with both. 

How You Can Be Led by the Spirit of God
by Kenneth E. Hagin
A Woman After God's Own Heart
by Elizabeth George

On the menu this week...


- Monday - leftover pasta, sauce, and meatballs
- Tuesday 
chili (from the freezer) with cornbread
- Wednesday - turkey burgers and sweet potato fries
- Thursday - turkey 
Italian sausages with fried cabbage and cornbread
- Friday - grilled salmon, baked sweet potato, and steamed broccoli
- Saturday - leftovers
- Sunday - turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, green bean casserole, heavenly corn, cranberry sauce, hot rolls, and pumpkin pie with whipped topping

On my to do list....

- Monday - Take a friend grocery shopping, drop donations off at second hand shop, pay taxes, plan week ahead, make lists, weekly "home blessing", laundry
- Tuesday - Go to Joplin to pick up a stuffed wild turkey from the Missouri Department of Conservation for upcoming turkey programs, take turkey out of freezer and put in fridge for the weekend
- Wednesday - Present two library programs at the local library - Terrific Turkeys 🦃
- Thursday - Take a friend to have her hair done, take car to the shop to have oil changed, put the Christmas tree up
- Friday - Work - Terrific Turkeys homeschool program 🦃
- Saturday - Work, bake four pumpkin pies, bake turkey overnight
- Sunday - Church, early Thanksgiving dinner with family here

In the craft basket...

Nothing at the moment. 

Looking forward to this week...

Getting ready for the holidays and spending time with family.

From the camera...

A friend from work and I went exploring
back home (Blue Springs) last
Wednesday and we had a ball!
The autumn colors were absolutely gorgeous!
We found many tiny treasures in nature along
the trail. This is a turkey feather that we found.
I couldn't resist taking this photo of this little
mushroom over into black and white. Beautiful! 
More mushrooms! How cool are these???

My favorite place along the Bethany Falls Trail!
Scripture Passage...


Well, Ladies, that's it for this week. I pray that each and every one of you have a wonderful week ahead and that the Lord's blessings in your life are many. 

Until next time...
~Rebecca

Today I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and all the sweet ladies of Happy Homemaking Monday!

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! It was definitely one of my favorites! <3

      Delete
  2. Your pictures were beautiful! Thanks for sharing! hope yiu have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Shellie! You have a blessed week, too! <3

      Delete
  3. I thought that looked like Burr Oak Woods in your pictures :) I really do need to get back out there. If you see any sunshine, send a bit this way please. Really love the black and white mushroom photo. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Burr Oak is one of my favorite places. Practically raised our five oldest children there. :) And, yes! If we ever see any sunshine again, I'll be sure and send it your way. I really liked the black and white mushroom photo, too. So pretty! Have a great week ahead, my friend! <3

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed reading your day book, the little details of your life that make it so special. What a great place for you and your friend to hike together, it is so fun to get out and enjoy the beautiful outdoors! I hope you have a wonderful time celebrating Thanksgiving on Sunday, your menu sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Marilyn. Yes, Burr Oak Woods is a beautiful place to hike. Am excited to celebrate Sunday with family and friends here, then, we'll be headed north to celebrate Thanksgiving with our youngest daughter, her husband, and other friends and family up there. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! <3

      Delete
  5. Hi Rebecca!!!
    I'm so glad you shared about Elizabeth George's book! I have that and forgot about it!! :)

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    His,
    Mrs. U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad my post jogged your memory, Mrs. U! It's a book well worth reading and rereading over again! Blessings! And Happy Thanksgiving to you! <3

      Delete
  6. Hello Rebecca! Sorry I'm so late popping by. Love your cozy blog. Your menu sounds great & so do those books!

    I'm with you getting excited about decorating for Christmas soon. :). And I love your photos. Just beautiful! Hope you've been having a great week & have a blessed weekend ahead.
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Carrie! So glad you’re here! Thanks for all the kind words! They are much appreciated! I managed to get most of the decorating for Christmas done over the past couple of days. Still have the Jessie Tree to put up and a small tree in our bedroom. Other than that the rest is done. Yeah! Have a great weekend! Blessings! 💕

      Delete
  7. Sounds like it was a super busy week for you. I'll start my Herceptin the week after Thanksgiving. I'll let you know when, and see if you can make it.
    Hugs!
    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good! You guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving as there is much to be thankful for. Love you, friend! 💕

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!