Well...it's June and that means that we're quickly approaching the half-way-through-the-year point! Can you believe it? 😲
Regardless of where it's gone, 2018 is nearly half over and that's where we're at. Thanks to my friend, Jean, over at So Not Organized, I am reminded that this is a great time to check in and see where we're at with our beginning of the year goals.
Here's where I'm at with mine...
18 Things I Want To Do In 2018 Update
1. Read (at least) 18 books I'm just about there. Have finished reading 15 of the 18 plus two mini-books.
2. Go out of town or do something special to celebrate my husband and I's 30th wedding anniversary. We didn't make it out of town, but our girls surprised us with a 30th wedding anniversary party on the Sunday before our anniversary and that was definitely special! We had an ice storm that day AND a brand new granddaughter!!! What a awesome way to celebrate 30 wonderful years together! 💗💗 (We had an ice storm on the day we got married, too, so it was definitely fitting!) 😆
|John and I at Our 30tth Wedding Anniversary Surprise Party|
3. Welcome two new grandbabies into the world Our granddaughter, Kira Niomi Faith, was came into the world on February 11th; little Hannah Nicole is due the 25th of this month...so soon! 💗
|Kira Niomi Faith|
February 11, 2018 💓 7 pounds 6 ounces 💓 20 inches long
4. Do one thing each month towards getting ready for Christmas 2018 Don't know as I've purposely done one thing each month towards getting ready, but, when everything I've done thus far is put together, it probably equals out to that.
5. Pay off that last credit card (it's been a 15+ year journey, but we're almost there!) Still a work in progress, but we're getting there!
6. Guard my heart from negativity and drama This one is vague, I know, but, most days, I do okay. Other days it's a real struggle, but, overall, it's easier for me than it used to be and that's good!
7. Attend the 2018 Victory Campaign in Branson Enjoyed our trip to Branson very much this year and enjoyed attending this year's Victory Campaign at Faith Life Church.
|Faith Life Church - Branson, Missouri|
8. Post a Happy Homemaker Monday Post every Monday So far...so good! Haven't missed a one yet!
9. Plant a vegetable garden Done!
10. Walk (at least) 365 miles (a mile a day) Right now I'm sitting at 217 miles walked for the year, so I'm well over halfway to my goal.
11. Get rid of 18 things we don't truly enjoy/use each month (4 or 5 things per week) Again, don't know as I've purposely thrown out 18 things each month, but, overall, it's probably pretty close to that. I've been really good about decluttering and keeping things moving out that we don't need, but...I have a l-o-n-g way to go before I'm through everything that I want to go through.
12. Turn the Van Gogh room into a functioning office and prayer closet Done!
14. Finish the unit that I'm currently on in Rhema plus one more (that will leave only one before graduation) Have finished the unit that I was on in January and am almost done with the second one.
15. Create a moon garden in the backyard (this has been on my list for quite a while) It's still on my list. We did purchase a bench toward this process, but, as of yet, still need to look into plants, rock, etc.
16. Complete a 1940's WWII Rationing Challenge Haven't even thought about this one yet. Would still like to do it though.
17. Lose 30 pounds Have lost 14 pounds of the 30 thus far.
18. Clean off and reorganize the back porch Haven't started this one yet.
Did you make a list of goals this year? If so, how are you progressing? Feel free to share a link to your goals in the comment section below.
Until next time...
Recent posts that you might enjoy reading...