Wednesday, August 8, 2018

30 Days of Summer - Post #21 - Summer Picture and a Summer Poem of My Own

Euleta's Summertime Creation
My friend, Euleta, created this cool summertime picture and gave me permission to use it on the blog. Isn't it pretty? I need to have her show me how to do things like this! Thanks, Euleta! 💗

And, after I wrote yesterday's post about the dog days of summer, the words to a poem, or a song, or something from long ago, kept flitting around in the recesses of my mind. I finally figured out what it was. It was a poem that I had written back in August of 1991. My cousin added music to it later and turned it into a song. Since it fits the summer theme I thought I might as well go ahead and share it here! So...here it is!

AUGUST
by Rebecca Knox

Warm winds blow
under summer's hot sun,
The dog days of August
filled full of fun.

Insects chirp loudly
of summer's last days,
The hot sun of August
sets blue skies ablaze.

The wind in the meadow
blows warm on my face,
While wild flowers dance
in the breeze like fine-lace.

A warm August breeze
is like wind of fire,
Filling my heart
with summer's desire.

Not much to it, really, but there it is! 

Until next time...
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...

2 comments:

  1. Great photo, I could imagine that framed somewhere as a piece of summer decor in a home. Wonderful poem, it sums up August so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was too pretty not to include somewhere in this series. I think she did a great job in creating it! Happy Thursday! :)

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!