Monday, August 13, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday - August 13, 2018

It's Sunday evening and I just got home from work. Since I'm leaving early in the morning and won't be home all day, I thought I better get a jump on it and get this post written this evening. 😊

We had a good week last week. I worked the Children's Health Fair in Adrian on Tuesday and on Wednesday we went to Kansas City to see our daughter and son-in-law's new home. I really didn't have a lot planned on Thursday (which is rare), so hubby and I took off, went to the theater and watched the 12:45 showing of Christopher Robin. After the movie, we picked up a few things at the grocery store, came home, grilled burgers, and made homemade ice cream. In the process I was able to mark THREE things off my summer bucket list in ONE day!!! Let me tell you...I was one happy gal and it was an awesome day! 💗 I worked Friday, Saturday, and half a day today. 

How was your week and weekend?

While you're here, I'd like to invite you to join me in visiting Sandra and the other lovely ladies for Happy Homemaker Monday over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. It's a real blessing! 💗

Today I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and
all of the wonderful ladies of 
Happy Homemaker Monday!
Right now I am...

...working on this post and doing laundry while supper bakes in the oven. 

Am thinking...

...that I probably should have boiled those pepper halves before stuffing and putting in the oven. We'll see how they turn out. 😟

On the breakfast plate...

...this morning I had my usual...THM Sweat Pant Oatmeal with blueberries and a cup of Twining's Irish Breakfast tea. I think that it's safe to assume that I'll have the same thing tomorrow morning. I don't know why, but that's what I want most every morning and I never get tired of it. It's like eating a blueberry cinnamon roll in a bowl for breakfast every single day and it's so yummy! 😋

The weather...

Hot and cloudy at the moment. I'm hoping the clouds clear out soon because I really want to go out to the park later tonight and view the Perseid's Meteor Shower while it's at its peak. 

On my reading pile...

In addition to daily scripture reading, I am reading The Name of Jesus by Kenneth E. Hagin. I am still reading Discover Nature at Sundown by Elizabeth P. Lawlor, as I have time. 

On the menu this week...


With everything going on this week my menu plans kind of got switched around and all out of whack and I am just now getting around to making last Thursday's chicken stuffed peppers. It's kind of my own creation. 

I started with fresh green peppers from the garden. I cut them in half, removed the seeds, and laid them aside. Then I diced up some chicken that I had cooked earlier and some fresh tomatoes. To that I added some black beans, a few tablespoons of whole kernel corn, a sprinkling of shredded cheddar cheese, and my homemade taco seasoning mix. Mixed it all together, filled the green pepper halves with the mixture, and baked, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. After that, I removed the foil, sprinkled a little more cheese on top and baked another 15 minutes. 

It turned out really well and my husband said it's a winner! 😉

Monday - leftover chicken stuffed peppers (if home...otherwise supper on the road)
Tuesday - turkey Italian sausage with oven roasted peppers and potatoes
Wednesday - turkey meatballs and sauce over sauteed zucchini with homemade sourdough bread
Thursday - birthday outings with two granddaughters...one for lunch and one for supper
Friday - broiled salmon on a bed of sauteed zucchini with steamed broccoli
Saturday - turkey burgers and oven fries
Sunday - leftovers

On my 'to do' list...

- Monday - Celebrate my 57th birthday (dd is taking me on a surprise adventure and I have no clue as to what it could be!)
- Tuesday - Do my weekly "home blessing", work on things around the house
- Wednesday - Library programs in the morning and afternoon (sunflowers)
- Thursday - Celebrate granddaugter, Liz's, 13th birthday and granddaughter, Gianna's 11th birthday (am having to celebrate a day early with them because I have to work tomorrow)

-Friday - Work
- Saturday - Work
- Sunday - Church


In the craft basket...

...nothing at this time.

Looking forward to this week...

Viewing the Perseid's and celebrating birthdays.

Something interesting I watched...


This video on lichens in Edinburgh. (I'm sure that sounds boring to most folks, but I find lichens absolutely fascinating!)



From the camera...

Discovered my favorite flower, the thistle, blooming on the
prairie this afternoon. I've never seen one this color before. It
was actually more pink that purple, but it was beautiful! 💗
Scripture passage...


Well, Ladies, that's it for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed and beautiful week ahead! And I'll see you next week! 

Until Next Time...
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...



Be sure to visit our 30 Days of Summer blog series. To find out more check out this post on Jean's site and this one on mine. Jean and I hope you'll join us in our summertime adventure! 🌞

6 comments:

  1. LOVE your inspiration. Sorry I'm so late getting by from last week, internet issues are the worst! Hope you have a GREAT week.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY and have a wonderful adventure!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tamy! Don't apologize. I'm so far behind on stuff that it isn't funny. I haven't visited anyone at Sandra's this week. I need to be getting over there. Thanks for the birthday wishes! Blessings to you and yours! <3

      Delete
  2. Think I saw in passing on Facebook about your birthday adventure, sounded amazing! Hope you get to stretch the celebrating out all week long and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Jean! Yes! It was amazing and I share a bit about it in the next summer post. So far it's stretching out pretty good! Hope you're having a great week, as well. Blessings! <3

      Delete
  3. I absolutely LOVE FlyLady! I'm not following her like I should, but still use a lot of her principles! I definitely have to get back on the FLYwagon!

    Have a wonderful week and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sherry! Yes, I don't do Flylady like I should, but I do try to keep up with my weekly home blessing, as it keeps me on track with the rest of the week. Thanks for the birthday wishes! <3

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!