Saturday, December 8, 2018

Blogmas 2018 - Day 8 - Recipe: Brigadeiros

I made a double batch of brigadeiros to share at our family Christmas get-together this evening.


Brigadeiros
Brigadeiros are a traditional Brazilian dessert that we were first introduced to at a work Christmas party a couple of years ago and they immediately became one of our favorite treats. 


My Friend, Natalia
Before returning to her native, Brazil, my sweet friend, Natalia, was kind enough to share her recipe with me and, with her permission, I am sharing it here. 

BRIGADEIROS

1 can Nestle's La Lechera sweetened condensed milk (must be this brand...otherwise it doesn't turn out as well)
2 T. butter
4 T. cocoa

Put all ingredients in a pan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until you can see the bottom of the pan between swipes across middle (about 15 to 20 minutes); continue to cook until almost solid (about another 5 minutes). 

Finished Candy Cooling on Plates
Pour mixture into buttered plates to cool. Using buttered hands, pull away pieces of the candy and roll into balls. Roll each ball in candy sprinkles of choice to complete.

Brigadeiros
For a different flavor, try using Nesquik chocolate or strawberry flavored drink mix. There are lots of ways to make brigadeiros! 

Until next time...
~Rebecca

*Joining in with Jean over at So Not Organized and linking up with Tamy over at Chasing My Life for Blogmas 2018

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...


Blogmas 2018 - Day 7 - Recipe: Christmas Reindeer Crack

Blogmas - Day 6 - My Favorite Christmas Videos






5 comments:

  1. OH MY these sound so decadent and irresistible too!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are delicious, Tamy! Sooooooo yummy! Had our family Christmas get-together this evening. Will catch up with you and Jean as soon as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been reading out many of your articles and i
    must say pretty nice stuff. I will definitely bookmark your website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stood staring at the canned milks in the store today thinking of reading this and trying to remember which one to get. Sounds so good. Decided it might be better to do the unthinkable and write down what I wanted to make & return to the store with a list, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aahhaahahhahaha, Jean! You know..that just might work! You could have Googled my site on your phone and looked the recipe up on your phone, too, but maybe you didn't have your phone? :D

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!