Monday, December 10, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday - December 10, 2018

Good Monday morning, Sweet Ladies!

December is in full swing and there's a lot of holiday happenings going on! 🎄 How was your week and weekend?

Our week and weekend was GREAT here! Most of the week was spent preparing for our family Christmas get-together over the weekend...doing laundry, washing bedding, straightening, organizing, cooking, and cleaning. I only worked a little over a half a day on Friday at the park, and took Saturday off, to spend the day visiting with our children and their families.

Our youngest daughter, Amanda, and her husband, Phillip, arrived Friday evening and spent the night at our house. Friday night we drove around and looked at Christmas lights, then enjoyed a late supper. Saturday morning our oldest son and his wife (and our neighbor lady) came over to visit for a bit before the big evening shindig. 

In the afternoon, we loaded everything up and headed over to our daughter, Amber, and son-in-law, Patrick's, house where the family Christmas get-together was to be held. A total of 32 people (John and I, our children, their spouses, and our grandchildren) gathered together this year for an evening of food, fellowship, games, and gifts. It was a lot of fun! 

Granddaughter Esther Watching Out The Window Waiting
For Company To Arrive Before The Get-Together


There's a lot more I could share, but let's get right into this week's post...shall we?

Today I am joining Sandra and the other ladies over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday. Please be sure to go over and check it out! 💗
 Right now I am...

... listening to Celtic Christmas music while I work on this post.

Am thinking...

... about what a beautiful family we have. You know...no matter what trials we may be going through in our individual households...we are so incredibly blessed...all the way around! 

Thank You, God, for the family that You've blessed us with.  We are eternally grateful for Your presence in our lives and for the daily blessings that you bestow upon all of us. We praise You, Father, and lift Your name on high. In Jesus' name...amen! 💗

On the breakfast plate...

... this morning I had a slice of leftover pizza and a cup of Twining's Irish Breakfast tea

The weather...

... Sunny, but cold this morning (19 degrees when I got up), but we're supposed to reach a high of 43 degrees this afternoon. The rest of the week promises to be in the 40's and 50's with cloudiness and slight chances of rain toward the end of the week. All the way around, not too bad.

On my reading pile...

I am reading The Great Buffalo Hunt by Wayne Gard, Dear Kitchen Saints - Letters from an Iowa Housewife by Connie Hultquist

On the menu this week...

Monday - ham and beans with cornbread
Tuesday - Turkey Pasta Skillet with green beans
Wednesday - turkey bacon and cheese omelets with toast
Thursday - 
bison and noodles
Friday - broiled salmon and baked potatoes with peas and carrots
Saturday - turkey burgers and oven fries
Sunday - leftovers

On my 'to-do' list...

Monday - Plan the week ahead, weekly "home blessing"laundry,
Tuesday - Take friend to her hair appointment
Wednesday - Take granddaughter, Mary, out to lunch for her birthday
Thursday - Work and attend work Christmas party
Friday - Celebrate dh's 65th birthday
Saturday - Work (A Very Prairie Christmas homeschool programs...two of them)
Sunday - Church

In the craft basket...

I had a couple of pieces of Christmas fabric that I used to use as table coverings at the old house. Since I no longer have a need for them in that capacity I am turning them into cloth Christmas napkins. I am hand-stitching the borders with a simple running stitch and, thus far, have complete eleven of the twelve napkins cut.

Christmas Napkins
I also remembered to get pictures of the Christmas stars that we will be making at my upcoming "A Very Prairie Christmas" homeschool and library programs. Here they are...

Prairie Christmas Stars Made From Big Bluestem and Indian Grasses
Lashed Together With Red and Green Embroidery Thread

Looking forward to this week...

Celebrating birthdays and the "A Very Prairie Christmas" programs at work

Something interesting I watched this week...

This piece on the life of President George H. W. Bush and all the coverage after his death. What a great man of faith and family values!




From the camera...

Granddaughters Elizabeth, Hannah, Audrey, Abby, and Gianna

This picture was taken by our youngest son at the get-together over the weekend
and it is one of my favorites. Look at all those beautiful giggling granddaughters!
💗💗💗💗💗
Scripture passage...


Well, Ladies, that's it for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed and beautiful week ahead, and I'll see you next week! Blessings!

Until next time,
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...

6 comments:

  1. How marvelous to have precious family around you at Christmas. I must continually remind myself we did Christmas over Thanksgiving. Thank goodness for FaceTime! I love your weekly menu. I made the bean and ham soup with Tuscan bread last week, froze it and thawed it today. Hubs was begging for it after shovellin* us out. We did a drive out all the way to the eye center this afternoon to make sure the roads were clear and they are except my appt is at 6:45 am and the temp will be 13. So pray now the intersections dry out overnight. ...thanks so much for your dear comments. Your friendship means so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am praying over all, Schotzy! Let me know how things go when you get a chance. Appreciate your friendship, too! Blessings, my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of your granddaughter with the Christmas lights. Glad you enjoyed your family gathering.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first picture of your granddaughter looking out the window could be the cover of a Christmas card, so beautiful! Glad you were able to be with family and enjoyed your early Christmas gathering. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww...thanks, Jean! I sure thought it was cute! Have a great week, my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!