Monday, May 6, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - May 6, 2019

Good morning, Dear Friends! Happy Monday! 💗


It's the first Monday in May and what a beautiful Monday it is! The sun is shining, the irises are blooming, and the birds are singing! What more could a girl ask for? I trust that you all had a lovely week last week and that your day is off to a great start today!!! 


Irises Blooming in Our Front Yard

(eeeeerrrrrrrr....Rebecca's post comes to a screeching halt)

That's as far as I got on this morning's post before life happened and I had to switch gears...and, now, here it is after 10:00 p.m. and I'm just now getting back to it.

I'm not going to go into great detail about last week's happenings. I will tell you that I've had a lot of school groups this week, my cousin's 'celebration of life' was very nice, and I think we've got the eyeglass situation figured out. 

Apparently, the lenses in the new glasses were flawed and causing distortion. New lenses have been ordered and, hopefully, the second pair of new glasses will be in sometime this week. In the meantime, I am back in my old glasses and I'm glad. I can see better with them than I could the first pair of new ones. Hopefully, I'll be able to see better with the second set of new glasses than I can now with the old ones that I'm wearing! (Are you confused yet???) 👀

Okay...I'm not going to dilly-dally! Let's get right on into this week's post! And, please, join me as, I link up with Sandra of Diary of a Stay At Home Mom and all the other lovely ladies that make up the Happy Homemaker Monday crew. You'll be glad you did! 💗

Today I am joining Sandra and the other ladies over at
Diary of a Stay At Home Mom for Happy Homemaker Monday.
Please be sure to go over and check it out! 💗
Right now I am...

... snacking on a bowl of popcorn and listening to the storm rage as I work on this post.

Am thinking...

... that I hope I get this post done and up before midnight, that the electricity doesn't go out before then, and that we don't have any tornado warnings tonight. I really, REALLY don't want to deal with tornado warnings tonight! 😳

On the breakfast plate...

... This morning I had peanut butter and Polaner All-Fruit (grape) on toast. 

The weather...

Heavy thunderstorms at the moment...a lot of rain, wind, thunder, lightening, and even some hail. We are under a flash flood watch, as well. 

The week ahead doesn't look to bad with highs in the 60's and 70's and a few chances of rain. 
On my reading pile...

The Great Buffalo Hunt by Wayne Gard, Little House in the Big Woods by Laura Ingalls Wilder, and Mother Culture by Karen Andreola.

Online this week...

Same-o...same-o! No time for much of anything except a couple of episodes of The Rifleman.


The Rifleman Starring Chuck Connors and Johnny Crawford

On the menu this week...

Monday - Pasta, meat sauce, peas and carrots, and garlic bread 🍝
Tuesday - Fish sandwiches and sweet potato fries 🐟
Wednesday - Broiled spoonbill, brown rice, oven roasted carrots, and steamed broccoli 🐟
Thursday - Homemade pizza (freezer) 🍕
Friday - Broiled salmon, baked sweet potatoes, and steamed broccoli 🐟
Saturday - dh's night to cook ❓
Sunday - leftovers

On my 'to-do' list...

Monday - HHM post, work (school group in the afternoon) 
Tuesday - Plan the week ahead, home blessing, laundry, catch up on things around the house
Wednesday - Take a friend to her hair appointment
Thursday - Work (school group in the afternoon)
Friday - Work (homeschool program - Monarch Magic)
Saturday - Work
Sunday - Church, Mother's Day

In the craft basket...



I finally got the bison print curtain
done for the cabinet at work.

While I was at it (and while I still had my sewing machine out), I finished up the black bear napkins that I had started over the winter. I had originally purchased the material back in 2010 and turned it into a tablecloth and curtains for the kitchen in our old house. Once we moved the tablecloth and curtains no longer fit the table and windows, nor our decor...so...here they are...recycled into napkins for use here!

And, I finally got this child's tablecloth and napkin set finished. Our daughter and son-in-law bought a table and chair set for their wee daughters for Christmas and I had intended to make a tablecloth and napkins to go with it soon after. I purchased the material back in January and just now finished the project.

And, of course, I'm still working on the temperature afghan. I will share a photo of the progress on it next week. 
Something interesting that I watched this week...


A Honey Bee Pollinating The Chives In My Herb Wheel
From the camera...
One Of My School Groups This Week
(I wonder what would have happened if the boy beneath the crayfish had opened his mouth?) 
Scripture passage...


Happy Mother's Day To All The Mom's Out There! 💗

Well, Ladies, that's it for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed and beautiful week ahead, and I'll see you all next week! Blessings!

Until next time,
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...

11 comments:

  1. Hoping the storms didn't hit too hard down there overnight. Stormed up here but just enough for great sleeping weather ;) Your curtain and napkins look great. And the tablecloth and napkins for your granddaughters, perfect print for this time of year. Hope your Tuesday is off to a terrific start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean! The storms raged for several hours last night, but all is well here. Although, I did hear that there are a lot of folks in our county that were without electricity this morning and, as far as I know, Barton County Electric is still working to restore power to some. Fortunately, we're on KCP&L. Have a great Tuesday! <3

      Delete
  2. The storms are just insane. We've been hit already and it's just the beginning of the rough season here in Tornado Alley. Praying for you all to stay safe.

    Love all your photos, from the curtain (how fun) to the tablecloth, the gorgeous flower and your sweet school group.

    Hope you are having a blessed week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Sandra, and we're just getting started. Am praying safety over you and yours, as well. Thanks for the kind comments about the pics and I hope you're having a great week! Blessings! <3

      Delete
  3. Have you enjoyed Mother Culture so far? I haven't bought it yet, and have been thinking of doing so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving it, Sarah! One of the best books I've read, but it's making me miss the time when my children were young and we were altogether and homeschooling. Wish I could do it all again! <3

      Delete
  4. Hi Rebecca!
    So glad you're getting the glasses situations sorted out. Love how the curtain turned out - and the tablecloth and napkins are precious! I'm sure the kiddos will love them! 😊

    Hope the storms stay away and wishing you sunshine, flowers and honey bees 🐝 Blessings xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! I'll be glad when they call to tell me that the new ones are done. I can't believe that this is taking so long. After we get past this and John's eye surgery, we're finding a new eye doctor. Thanks for stopping in and thanks for wishing me sunshine, flowers, and honey bees! I love all three! Blessings, my friend! <3

      Delete
  5. What are spoonbill? I'll have to look it up. Hope you see great with the new glasses. Lovely pics. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spoonbill are a kind of strange-looking fish that are found here in the waters of Missouri and boy are they good! Thanks for the well wishes on the new glasses. They finally called today and I have an appointment to pic them up on Monday. Have a great weekend, Lucy! Blessings! <3

      Delete
  6. Enjoyed reading your post, even if I am late. Hope you had a WONDERFUL week - so sorry I'm running late - just glad I'm making it at all - being on vacation puts a crimp in my favorite blog time.

    ReplyDelete