Monday, July 1, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - July 1, 2019

Greetings, Dear Ladies! Happy Monday! ðŸ’— 


🎆🎇🎆 Hurrah for the red, white, and blue! ðŸŽ†ðŸŽ‡ðŸŽ†
To those in Canada...HAPPY CANADA DAY! And for those in the U.S.A....an early HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY! 🎆💓🎇

I trust that you all had a nice week and weekend and are ready to face the challenges of a brand new week with courage and gusto! I sure am!!!

Last week was good...busy...

Mary's surgery went well and, at last report, she was running around and being loud, which is always a good sign! In fact, our daughter-in-law said that the doctor was shocked at how well she was doing! Thank you to all those that took the time to pray over her. 💗

John and I had a nice day Tuesday. He had an eye appointment (this time to test for his new glasses after surgery) and, surprisingly, we got in and out fairly quickly. Afterwards, we had lunch together and I was able to jump, yet another hurdle with the food allergies, and was able to eat out and eat healthy. I was so pleased! Afterwards we went holiday food shopping and the whole thing turned into a nice "date" day. It was a lot of fun. That evening we had supper at our daughter and son-in-law's and celebrated granddaughter, Esther's, fifth birthday. 

Wednesday was granddaughter, Hannah's first birthday. I stopped in to wish her a Happy Birthday on the way to taking a friend and family member grocery shopping. We had a good day, as well.

On Thursday I took Essie out for lunch at Sweet Creations (a little cafe here in town) and we had a ball! She liked the balloon "with the purple heart" and, it didn't matter that it was a Valentine's Day balloon, I got it for her anyway.💘


Granddaughter Esther @ Sweet Creations

I worked Friday and Saturday; church was Sunday morning, then I worked in the afternoon. John and I finished the weekend off with a nice walk around the neighborhood at dusk last night. It was a good week all the way around! 

This week promises to be even busier than last, so, let's get started on this week's post...shall we? Please, join me as, I link up with Sandra of Diary of a Stay At Home Mom and all the other lovely ladies that gather there on this week's Happy Homemaker Monday. 💗



Right now I am...

... finishing breakfast and enjoying a cup of tea while I work on this post. I am also watching the goldfinches flit and flutter around the coneflowers out front.



Image result for goldfinch on coneflower
Photo Credit
(This is not my photo, but this is exactly what I'm witnessing outside my office window this morning)
On the breakfast plate...

... two fat-free turkey slices, a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, and a fried egg on toast with hot tea


The weather...

... right now it is 77 degrees and sunny. It's been really hot and muggy the past few days with daytime highs in the 90's and heat indices in the triple digits. The ten-day forecast promises more of the same. 
🌞



On my reading pile...

In addition to daily Bible reading I am still reading Mother Culture by Karen Andreola and have added Interpreting Our Heritage by Freeman Tilden and Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder.



My Reading Pile
On the menu this week...

Monday - Italian sausage with oven roasted potatoes, fried cabbage, corn on the cob, and salad
Tuesday - Turkey burgers, baked potatoes, oven roasted carrots, and salad
Wednesday - Fish sandwiches, sweet potato fries, and salad
Thursday - 4th of July fare - turkey dogs, turkey burgers, chips, watermelon, and red, white, and blue jello
Friday - Baked salmon, baked sweet potatoes, and fresh green beans from the garden
Saturday - Dh's night to cook
Sunday - Leftovers

On my 'to do' list...

- Monday - HHM post, plan the week ahead, home blessing, laundry, bake a pie for dh, figure July's budget, run to the bank and the library
- Tuesday - Enjoy the day and have lunch with a friend from back home who is coming to see the prairie (I can't wait!) 😄
- Wednesday - Prepare food for the 4th of July
- Thursday - Celebrate Independence Day with family
- Friday - Go to Kansas City with dd for Si's leg appointment at the fracture clinic
- Saturday - Work (Nature Bingo)
- Sunday - Church; work in the afternoon

In the craft basket...

Finally got to start a new color on the temperature afghan and looks like it's going to last awhile! AND...we are officially half-way through the year! Woo-hoo! 💗


Temperature Afghan
Looking forward to this week...

Celebrating Independence Day with family and friends! 

Something I enjoyed watching this week...

...this monarch butterfly on butterfly weed.





From the camera...

Wildflowers in Front of the Nature Center Where I Work
Scripture passage...


Image result for kjv bible leviticus 25:10 liberty bell
This verse is on the Liberty Bell and it is the first verse that my children memorized d
uring our first year of homeschooling. For the 4th of July they memorized this verse,
 colored pictures of the Liberty Bell, and we displayed them in our classroom. 

Well, Ladies, that's it for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed and beautiful week ahead! And I'll see you next week! 💗

Until Next Time...
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...



Spotlight on Grandma's Postcards - Birthday Greetings







14 comments:

  1. Really enjoyed the goldfinch photo since I'm trying to figure out how to get them to my yard. House finches by the dozen but not a single goldfinch. And loved the monarch, my favorite. Sounds like you had a great week last week. Hope the one ahead is also wonderful for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean! In addition to the sunflowers, purple coneflowers are one of the goldfinches most important food sources. I can fix you up with a lot of seed if you need it. Just let me know. Had a great week last week and an even busier one this week, but it's been fun! Thanks for stopping in and hope you had a lovely 4th of July! <3

      Delete
  2. the video was so pretty. And we're all in awe of the birdies this week! Don't you love to sit with a cuppa and listen to them sing? LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeeAnna! And, yes, I do! It's so relaxing and wonderful! Hope you and your family had a great 4th of July and weekend! Blessings! <3

      Delete
  3. Im loving your temperature afghan colors! GREAT photos too - love the wildflowers. Have a fun and safe 4th of July.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Threesides! Hope you had a great 4th of July and weekend! Blessings! <3

      Delete
  4. What a busy week you had! Glad to hear the surgery went well! Isn't it nice that a day out for errands turns into a nice day date!! Love the afghan... and all your pics! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Jody! Thanks! And, yes, it is! It was a much needed island of peace in an otherwise wild and crazy week. Hope you and yours had a great 4th and a wonderful weekend! Blessings, my friend! <3

      Delete
  5. Great post. yay for the surgery going well. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy! Hope you all had a great week and a Happy Canada Day! Blessings! <3

      Delete
  6. Hi Rebecca!
    I'm so happy to hear that prayers were answered for Mary! 😊 Love your birds and butterflies always. Such a beautiful time of year. That is such a pretty color for your afghan, however I'm sure you'd love it a little less warm out there. Lol
    I hope you have a very blessed July 4th! 🇺🇸 xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Carrie! Amen! And, yes, I would love it a lot less warm out here! LOL! Hope you and yours had a lovely 4th and a nice weekend! Blessings! <3

      Delete
  7. Thanks for linking up at the #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 2! Shared ♥ Be sure to also linkup at our Blogging Grandmothers Link Party, exclusively for grandmother bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee! By the time I got over there, I discovered that I missed getting my link in by a day, but I will try it again next time. Thanks for the invite! :)

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!