Monday, August 19, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - August 19, 2019

Greetings, Dear Ladies! HAPPY MONDAY! 💗 

I hope you all had a good week and a great weekend! Ours was FANTASTIC here! There were more birthday celebrations and I had a short work week, and I loved every minute of it!!!! 😍

My birthday was on Tuesday. Daughter, Amber, hosted a wonderful birthday dinner and get-together for me that evening and the whole family was invited! Only two members of our immediate family were unable to attend (which I missed very much) and a couple of extended family members joined us, as well. I had an absolutely lovely time and, honestly, this was one of the best birthdays EVER! 💗🎂🎈🍨🎉🎀 


Image may contain: food and indoor
Delicious Birthday Desserts
Image may contain: dessert, food and indoor
Peach Cobbler Cheesecake
ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!!!
Image may contain: 2 people, drink, child, table and indoor
They shouldn't have done it, but I was blessed by tokens of love on every front!
Granddaughters Lizzy and Gianna share a birth-date on the 17th. I took G. out on Wednesday for her birthday and had planned on taking Liz out for hers on Thursday, but things got switched up and I had to end up working Thursday (as a result, I got Friday off instead though...which was AWESOME!!!...AND I was off Saturday and Sunday, so what a happy weekend for me!!!!) Anyway...Liz and I rescheduled for Friday and I ended up being able to enjoy a special time of birthday blessings with both of these lovely grandgirls this week! It was a lot of fun! 💗🎂🎀


Granddaughter G and I
Granddaughter Liz and I
Other than that, the rest of the week and weekend were spent working on projects around the house and enjoying a wonderfully rainy weekend! It was FANTABULOUS! 😊

Now it's time to get on with a brand new week! Please join me as I link up with Sandra of Diary of a Stay At Home Mom and all the other lovely ladies that gather there on this week's Happy Homemaker Monday? 💗


Right now I am...

...  finishing my breakfast and enjoying a cup of tea while working on this post.

On the breakfast plate...

... French toast with cinnamon and sugar-free syrup, mandarin oranges, and hot tea

The weather...

... the weekend was somewhat cool and rainy, but, now, we're headed back into the heat. At present it is it is sunny and 89 degrees with a heat index of 102. We are under a heat advisory from 1:00 this afternoon until 8:00 p.m. Tuesday.  Heat indexes are expected to range from 105 to 110 degrees today and tomorrow with little relief overnight. 🌞
🔥😰



On my reading pile...

I am still reading On The Banks of Plum Creek by Laura Ingalls Wilder, but have laid aside the other two books that I was reading. 
I finished the original part of Interpreting Our Heritage by Freeman Tilden and enjoyed it very much. (I chose not to read all the additional chapters and notes and things that have been added to the "expanded and updated" fourth edition. I was after the meat of Mr. Tilden's original writings and that's what I stopped at.) 

As for the "I Can Do This" Diet by Don Colbert, it's pretty much an earlier version of one of his other books that I had read earlier and is not nearly as good and direct as Let Food Be Your Medicine, so, I laid it aside after only reading the first few chapters. It will be used best as a reference book. 

Now I'm trying to decide where to go from here. I have stacks and stacks of books in my 'to read' pile! The question is...which one do I choose next??? 📚📚😳📚📚

On the menu this week...

Monday - Chicken With Black Beans and Rice and green beans
Tuesday - Black bean and cheese burritos and salad
Wednesday - Turkey Tetrazini and oven roasted green beans
Thursday - Breakfast for supper (bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits)
Friday - Broiled salmon, brown rice, and steamed broccoli 🐟
Saturday - Dh's night to cook
Sunday - Leftovers

On my 'to do' list...

- Monday - HHM post, plan the week ahead, home blessing, laundry
- Tuesday - Enjoy a visit with my friend, Libby (she is passing through the area and stopping in for lunch and a visit to the park); collect more grasshoppers for the terrarium that I have put together
- Wednesday -  Library programs (In A Grasshoppers World)
- Thursday - Work
- Friday - Work
- Saturday - off
- Sunday - Church; work in the afternoon



Grasshopper Terrarium
In the craft basket...

... keeping up with the temperature afghan. Have had a couple of days in the 70's, so got to include a couple of rows of gold again! (Despite today's heat, fall IS coming!!!) 😁🍎🍁🍄🍂💓 (And I can't wait!!!) 😆


Temperature Afghan Through August 16

For my friends and family in KC -
I'm almost getting into some Chiefs colors there!
Even more proof that fall is on the way! 😆

Looking forward to this week...

... Libby's visit and having Saturday off.


Something I enjoyed watching this week...

... reruns of the The Waltons


Image result for the waltons
The Waltons
From the camera...


Image may contain: flower, plant, nature and outdoor
Ironweed
Scripture passage...

Image may contain: flower and text

Well, Ladies, that's it for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed and beautiful week ahead! And I'll see you again next week! 💗

Until Next Time...
~Rebecca


Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...

Tuesday 4 Meme - Diet? What diet?




336x280 Affiliate Planner Ad

20 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!
    I love the Waltons.
    blessings,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had tons of birthday fun all around! When I need some me time I turn to Walton reruns or Gilmore Girls reruns for inspiration :D Have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Threesides! I DID!!! :) Hope you're having a great week, too! Blessings! <3

      Delete
  3. That peach cobbler cheesecake looks absolutely fantastic! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Kristina! So yummy! Hope you're having a wonderful week, as well! <3

      Delete
  4. Looks like you had another terrific week of birthday celebrations! We have the heat advisory up here as well. Hope you enjoy your visit with your friend at the park, I hope I can make it back that way some time (not, however, during a heat advisory time ;)). Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, Jean! It's been a lot of fun! I'm so thankful to have so many beautiful people to celebrate! <3 I think we're heading into a cooling trend now. One day coming up is supposed to be in the mid 70's! :O (I'm thankful for that, too!) ;) Libby and I had a great visit yesterday and she really enjoyed visiting the park. Why don't you try to make it down again in the fall...late October maybe? That should be an awesome time to visit! Hope you're having a wonderful week, too! Blessings, my friend! <3

      Delete
  5. Happy birthday! It looks like you had a wonderful time with your family. I have not watched the Waltons in quite sometime. I love that show! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mrs. White! I did!!! I love The Waltons, too. I like the earlier ones better than the later ones, but I love all the WWII history shared in the later seasons. Blessings and thanks for stopping in! <3

      Delete
  6. Mʏ spоuse and I stumbled over here by a different web address annɗ thought I may as well check things out.
    I like what I see so i am ϳսst following you.
    Look forwafd to checking oᥙt your web page for a second time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had a nice birthday Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dianna! And thanks for stopping in! Blessings! :)

      Delete
  8. Happy birthday! That peach cobbler cheesecake looks amazing!! Love the colors in the afghan!! Have an amazing week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodi! Hope you've had an amazing week, too! Blessings, my friend! <3

      Delete
  9. Happy Belated beautiful Lady!! And did you say peach cobbler cheesecake!?!? Speaking all of my love languages. Lol I'm so glad you had such a wonderful day. Love all the pics.

    I forgot about the Waltons - used to love that show! Love your inspiration as always too. Blessings to you on this wonderful birth year ahead dear Rebecca! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! And...yes I did say peach cobbler cheesecake! It was so yummy! Peach pie is my favorite of the fruit pies and cheesecake? Well...its numero uno all the way around...like...probably my favorite food PERIOD!!! Anyway, it was really yummy and the flavors all blended together so well. It was truly amazing! Thanks for all your sweet comments and blessings for the year ahead. I appreciate it! God bless you, Sweet Lady! <3

      Delete
  10. Happy belated birthday - cake looked really good and the family-time definately made me smile.
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lucy! Hope you've had a lovely week! See you tomorrow! ;) Blessings! <3

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!