Monday, December 23, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - December 23, 2019 - The Late Night Edition

Greetings, Dear Ladies! Happy Monday and Merry Christmas Eve Eve! 🎄

It's been a long day (week, month, year...you name it and it's been long), but I'm determined to get this post out before midnight! 😣 

So much has happened this week that I hardly know where to begin, so I will just hit the highlights. 

On Monday we had ice and snow. I worked around here just trying to get caught up and get prepared for the next round of holiday happenings. 

On Tuesday John and I ran to town to get bakings supplies and other things needed to finish up holiday baking.

On Wednesday I presented two programs at our local library and baked a ton of cookies to be divided between friends, neighbors, extended family members, and co-workers. I delivered the goodies to the recipients on my way to the Christmas party at work on Thursday. 


Christmas Cookies

I worked Friday, but was off Saturday. John and I ran errands, visited Pat at the nursing home, finished up the last of the Christmas shopping for us (15 items each at the Dollar Tree...what fun!!!), and took a couple of our granddaughters to watch the Living Nativity Pagent at the Oakton United Methodist Church. It is an outdoor presentation that includes live animals and the cast does a great job of bringing the story of Jesus' birth to life right before your very eyes! This was their 62nd year of putting on the performance! Wow! 🌟


The Living Nativity Pagent @ The Oakton United Methodist Church
Oakton, Missouri

Enough about last week!  l need to get right on into this week's post.


Please join me as I link up with Sandra of Diary of a
Stay At Home Mom
 and all the other lovely ladies that gather
there on this week's 
Happy Homemaker Monday! ðŸ’—
Right now I am...

... enjoying a cup of hot tea while working furiously on this post.

On the breakfast plate...

... I don't remember having anything this morning before taking off for the day...other than a cup of hot tea, of course!

The weather...

... Gorgeous!!! Today it was sunny with afternoon temperatures in the 60's. 🌞 The next few days don't look bad at all...especially when considering that it's late December! 😲



...  On my reading pile...

Nothing at the moment. 



On the menu this week...

Monday - Turkey Italian sausage and oven roasted potatoes
Tuesday - Finger foods (crackers, salami, pepperoni, assorted cheeses, chips, etc.)
Wednesday - Christmas dinner @ daughter and son-in-law's
Thursday - Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and frozen peas
Friday - Broiled salmon, baked potatoes, and oven-roasted carrots
Saturday - Oven-roasted chicken breasts served with cauli-rice and green beans
Sunday - Leftovers

On my 'to do' list...

- Monday - Plan the week ahead, do my weekly "home blessing", laundry, celebrate a belated birthday lunch with granddaughter, Sarah, pick up and finish any last minute items needed for tomorrow night 
- Tuesday - Celebrate Christmas Eve with family and friends, drive around town and look at Christmas lights, and attend the candlelight service at the Christian Church
- Wednesday - Enjoy Christmas and relax
- Thursday - Work
- Friday - Work
- Saturday - Work
- Sunday - Church

In the craft basket...

... still trying to catch up on the temperature afghan. I'm only a few days behind now.

Here is the lovely grandchildren wreath that our oldest daughter-in-law made for me for Christmas. I LOVE IT! 💓

Grandchildren Wreath
Looking forward to this week...

... Celebrating Christmas with family and friends.

Something I enjoyed watching this week...

Image result for the nativity story"
The Nativity Story
From the camera...

Granddaughter, Sarah, and I @ Lunch Today

We Went To Freddy's
So yummy!
Scripture passage...

Image result for luke 2 kjv"

Prayer requests...

 - Pat - she was in the hospital again this week (ICU) for a couple of days and, now, on top of everything else, has been diagnosed with respitory failure. She has been placed on hospice and fell twice yesterday. Please continue to remember her in your prayers. Thanks!


Well, Ladies! That's it for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a beautiful week ahead and a very Merry Christmas! 💗

Until Next Time...
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...



300x250 Affiliate Planner Ad 

1 comment:

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!