Monday, March 30, 2020

Home Management Monday - March 30, 2020

Image may contain: flower, plant, nature and outdoor
Spring Beauties
Good morning, Dear Ones! 💗

How is everyone this morning? How are you and your family fairing in the face of all that is happening in our world today? 

How was your week and weekend? Ours here was quiet. It's been more than two weeks since I've hugged any of my children or grandchildren and THAT is driving me crazy! 😖 I can do without toilet paper and, if I have to, I can make do in the midst of most any hardship, but I am a hugger and it is really hard for me not to love on and (((HUG))) the people I care most about. 

Papa and I are practicing social distancing and, for the most part, are self-quarantined. On the rare occasions that we have seen any of our children or grands (or anyone else) during all of this, it's been from a distance...and, believe you me, this Nana sure doesn't like that part of this whole mess at all! 😡 BUT...this too shall pass and, when it does, we're going to have a celebration! A BIG ONE!!! And I'm going to (((((((HUG))))))) EVERYBODY!!! I can't wait! 💗

In the meantime, don't think I think lightly of any of this because I don't. I know that a lot of people are sick and many have died. Many have lost loved ones and can't even be with their families during such sorrowful times...and my heart aches for them. I cannot even imagine what they must be going through. My thoughts and prayers are with them all. 😢

Keep your loved ones close, Ladies. If you can't be with them physically, keep them close in your thoughts and prayers, and do what you can to stay connected during difficult times. I've seen some pretty creative ways of doing that going on out there! 

How are you staying connected to your loved ones?

Let's get on with this week's post...shall we? 😀


Image may contain: flower, plant and nature
Jonqual
I awoke to...

... a lingering dream about someone in a hoodie running towards, and rapidly approaching, the car that I was getting into in an empty city parking lot. They stopped just outside my window as I was pulling my foot into the car and closing my door. I don't know who they were or what they wanted and I woke up before finding out. Maybe that's a good thing! LOL! 😆

What I'm thinking...

... People are hurting right now and they're scared. Many of them find themselves in all kinds of difficult situations that, just a few days or weeks ago, they could never have imagined themselves in. I know things are rough right now and times are tough and uncertain, but, whatever you do, don't allow yourself to get over into fear. Stay focused on the Word of God (the Holy Bible) and stand in faith on its promises. If you are a child of God, you have no need to fear; if you are not a child of Godit's not too lateIt doesn't matter how old you are or what you've done. God loves you and He cares about youHe is there and He is waiting for you to make the most important decision that you'll ever make in your lifeHe will meet you right where you're at. To find out more, click HERE.

What I'm thankful for...

... God's wisdom, direction, and provision in the midst of trials, that the grass is green, the birds are singing, and the flowers are blooming, and that my cousin was able to mow for us this weekend (the first mowing of the season). 

Bridal's Wreath

On the breakfast plate...

... fat-free turkey slices, a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, and egg on toast with Twining's Irish Breakfast tea

The weather...

... Right now it's 55 degrees and sunny. The week ahead promises mild temperatures and plenty of chances for rain...which is just exactly what we don't need. 😟



This week's menu plan...

Monday - THM's Red Soup (don't have frozen green beans so will used frozen mixed vegetables instead)
Tuesday - Oven-roasted chicken breasts, baked potatoes, oven-roasted carrots, and salad
Wednesday - Chili dogs (turkey dogs) and chips 
Thursday - Chicken fajitas, rice, and beans
Friday - Baked salmon, oven fries, and coleslaw
Saturday - Dh's night to cook
Sunday - Leftovers

On my 'to do' list...

Since everything is on lockdown and my calendar has been cleared of just about everything (except work a couple of days a week for now), every day will pretty much be the same. 

I will...


... spend time in God's Word and prayer

... spend quality time with my husband
... check in on, and visit with, friends and family members via telephone and video chats
... work on my blog
... work around the house (clean, organize)
... spend time outside (in the yard and at Prairie)
... watch 'Little House' reruns and sermons online
... read
... rest 
... relax

In addition to these things I hope to go through the closet (pull out summer clothes and pack away winter clothes), clean the fridge, do some nature journaling and photography, and watch I Am Patrick - The Patron Saint of Ireland with John Rhys-Davies. It just arrived in today's mail! 😄

On my reading pile...

Bible Prayer by Kenneth E. Hagin (Bible Study Course) and Iditarod Dreams by Lew Freedman and DeeDee Jonrowe

From the camera...

Received this as a gift recently...super cute!!! 

Chocolate Moose Soap


Palm Sunday
Matthew 21:1-11
From my prayer journal and Bible study notes last year...


Well, Ladies, that's it for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a great week ahead! Stay close the Lord and stay in His Word!

Until next time...
~Rebecca




4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are hanging in there. Going to be lots of parties and hugging when this is all over, I think. Hope the rain goes around you (and us...we're not due any until Friday though). Thanks for the reminder to switch out my clothes, need to do that as well. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Lots of parties and LOTS of ((((HUGGING))))!!!! We had rain overnight, but it's bright and sunny this afternoon. Have fun switching out the clothing! I have yet to do that. Will probably work on it tomorrow (Wednesday). :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing beautiful flower pictures. I needed a pick me up today. Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful post. 3 weeks in here, we call it house arrest (grin). I'm trying to be upbeat and funny. Unfort. it is a sad reality, just keeping it real. All three of us (hubby, myself and son) have spent our birthdays in confinement (another grin) and I should be lucky/thankful that we have another day-and I am...ANYWAYS...

    I really need to switch out my clothes too, thank you for the reminder. I need to also finish working on my final paper, at least the internet is still working and one can remain in touch. smiles.

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!