Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Recipe: Tuna and Avocado Salad

Tuna and Avacado Salad

I used to not like avocados at all, but, over the years I have come to like them quite well and, today, I truly enjoy incorporating this healthly fruit into our diet on a regular basis (actually, avocados are a single-seeded berry that are typically classified as a vegetable). Whatever avocados are, they are a good source of healthy fat and, when seasoned right, they are delicious! 

TUNA AND AVOCADO SALAD

3 cans of tuna, drained and flaked
1 large cucumber, sliced thin or diced
3 medium avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced
1 medium red onion, sliced thin or diced
1 tablespoon dried cilantro
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl until well mixed. Serve as a main dish by using it as a filling in pitas or serve as a side salad. It's delicious either way!

Until next time...
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...

Home Management Monday - March 9, 2019

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good, hubby would like it, I don't like avocados. Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 10, open March 1 to 26. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed. My party BOTTLE – 65 WORDS WRITING PROMPT LINKUP is open March 10 to 20 if you’d like to join in for fun and creativity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in, Dee! At some point I hope to join your 65 word writing challenge. Blessings! <3

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!