Thursday, June 25, 2020

Thursday Things - June 25, 2020

Hello, Everyone!

I trust that your week is going well and that you've been enjoying these first few days of summer.

Things are going along okay here. I feel like we've been stuck in some sort of miserable lull. 

Fireflies in a Jar
My husband and I finally broke free of it last night, put out our tiki torches, enjoyed just sitting outside for a bit, chased lightening bugs for awhile (actually caught some too!!!), then came in, watched an episode or two of Andy Griffith, then went to bed early (compared to what we have been anyway) and got a good night's sleep. 

Today is granddaughter, Esther's, birthday #6. Here in a bit I'm going to go get her and take her to Casey's for an ICEE. 

Esther on Her Birthday Last Year
Including Papa and I in birthday celebrations are very important to that particular group of grands and, me...being me, I accidentally got dates mixed up and scheduled the hike at Battle of Island Mound on Esther's birthday. It is important enough to her that Papa and I be there, that she's put her birthday party off until tomorrow night. 

Poor little thing. I felt so bad! It won't happen again. I've set reminders to be sent to my phone a month, a week, and a day in advance from here on out. 😆

This evening, of course, is the hike at the Battle of Island Mound State Historic Site in Bates County, Missouri. I will lead visitors along the 0.6 mile Courage Trail to view and discuss wildflowers that are found along the way. I plan on leaving early and doing some shopping before and after in towns to the north of us.

Image may contain: flower, plant, grass, nature and outdoor
Wildflowers Last June @ Battle of Island Mound

Tomorrow is granddaughter, Hannah's, birthday and Friday is Josh's memorial service. Please continue to remember Dorothy and the rest of Josh's family in your prayers. This has been a very difficult week for all to say the least. Thanks!

Until next time...
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...







1 comment:

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!