Thursday, September 3, 2020

Teleidoscope Thursday - September 3, 2020

So far, it's been an interesting week. Here's a hodge-podge of what's been going on here...

- Our six-year-old granddaughter has been sick for over a week now with fever. She's been to the doctor twice and has been tested for all kinds of things, including COVID-19, for which she tested negative; they are awaiting lab results now on the latest tests. Please join us in prayer over her and stand with us in agreement for a good report on her behalf. Thank you! 🙏

- I only worked a half day on Monday. I had to await test results on our granddaughter before I could head to Joplin to be with our friend, Pat, who was hospitalized after falling and breaking a hip at the nursing home. 😥

- Pat had surgery Monday evening and, physically, considering her age and heart condition, she is doing relatively well. The beauty part of this whole thing is that, due to COVID rules, we had not been able to visit with Pat at the nursing home since March. We have been extremely grateful for this unexpected opportunity to spend time with her at the hospital. 💓

- I finally made the oven-baked onion rings last night that I've been trying to get to for two weeks. They were very good, but they were also very crisp and my husband and I kept choking on the coating...which is NOT good! I probably won't make them again. We seem to do better if I just cut the onions into strips, roll them in flour, salt, and pepper, drizzle them with olive oil, and bake them in a hot oven until browned and tender. We get the onion ring flavor without a lot of fancy hoopla and we don't get choked on them. 😆 

- We also grilled burgers on the hibachi last night. I don't know why we don't grill out more often. I really enjoy that! 🤔

- We logged a few more geocache finds this week and shared the fun with family. Now they are geocaching, too! 🧭

- I had to make up more hummingbird food this morning. We've had a lot of hummingbirds and they're emptying the feeders every couple of days. 



Well, I think that's about it. 
I hope that you things are going well with you and that you and yours are having a great week. I will talk to you again soon!

Until next time...

~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...

Wordless Wednesday

2 comments:

  1. Rebecca, I will pray for your grandgirl. Sad when children are sick any time. Praying for Pat also. Great pic of that little hummer.Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susie! Your prayers over both are greatly appreciated! Blessings to you, Sweet Friend! <3

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!