Monday, November 2, 2020

Master List and Menu Plan Monday - November 2, 2020

Greetings, Dear Ones! ๐Ÿ’—

It's the first Monday of November 2020! Election Day is tomorrow, Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and Christmas is next month! ๐ŸŽ„ Can you believe it??? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

I hope that your day, week, month, and holiday season are all off to a great start and that you're ready to tackle whatever comes your way! 

How was your week and weekend?

Our week and weekend here were good. We ended up getting the freezing rain on Monday and Tuesday which resulted in a mini-ice storm of sorts. 

October Ice on the Tallgrass Prairie

Nothing too major really. Just enough to coat everything in ice and create a few slick spots on the roadways.

Ice-Encrusted Bridal's Wreath

After I got home from work Monday I stayed in and worked on stuff around the house during the early part of the week. 

The Mums That I Shared With You Last 
Week Covered In A Thin Layer Of Ice

We had to get out and run errands a couple of days mid-week, but, by the time the weekend arrived, we were back into sunshine and warmer temperatures. Saturday was absolutely gorgeous!

A Young Fawn @ the Picnic 

Now, here it is, Monday morning and time to start a new week...and this one promises to be a busy one!

I do hope you have a blessed day and a great week (and month) ahead! I'll be with you again as soon as possible! Let's get started on this week's post...shall we? ๐Ÿงก

The Hunt

This week's master to-do list...

- work 
- complete my weekly "home blessing" ๐Ÿก 
- do laundry ๐Ÿ‘š
- present a program on winter wildflowers and frost flowers to an area homeschool group
- get out and VOTE!!!! ๐Ÿ’“☆๐Ÿ’™
- attend a political watch party ๐Ÿ’“☆๐Ÿ’™
- watch election coverage on America Stands ๐Ÿ’“☆๐Ÿ’™
- attend a staff meeting at work
- attend a wedding ๐Ÿ‘ฐ
- mark a few things off my autumn bucket list
- walk as often as I can

This week's menus...

I'm thinking that I need to completely overhaul my menu planning. Between having a house full of children and tons of people around when they were growing up I was used to making huge quantities of food. Now that it's just John and I it's been really hard cutting recipes down to fit cooking for two. I've made progress, but, much of the time, we still end up with way too many leftovers and, sometimes, I buy certain things that I normally wouldn't buy at all (or, at least, not so much of) if I weren't including it in a certain recipe. 

All of that to say that one of the changes that I'm going to TRY to remember to make when menu planning is to not specify certain vegetables in specific meals (unless, of course, it is absolutely necessary for that particular recipe). Instead, I am going to try to remember to just add fresh or frozen vegetables to every meal based on what we've got in the house and what is meal-appropriate. 

I am also going to spend November focusing on what we've got in the house, using up things first that are fresh (fruits and vegetables), open packages (crackers, chips, cereals, etc.), and what's in the fridge. 

Monday - Cabbage and Dumplings, baked sweet potatoes, sautรฉed greens, and Sue Gregg's Good Earth Rolls 
Tuesday - Pigs in a blanket and other watch party foods ๐Ÿ– 
Wednesday - Chicken fajitas with black beans and rice ๐Ÿ“
Thursday - Green beans, potatoes, and ham with cottage cheese, veggies, and rolls 
๐Ÿท
Friday - Tuna and noodles ๐ŸŸ 
Saturday - Dh's night to cook (chef's choice) 
Sunday - Leftovers

What's One Thing For Which
You Are Thankful?

Well, Ladies, that's it for this time! I pray that all is well with you and yours and that you have a blessed week ahead!

Until next time...
~Rebecca
 

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...


250x250 Affiliate Planner Ad


2 comments:

  1. My problem with menu planning is that I always save new recipes to try. It gets me into trouble, ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Kristina! I do the same thing. I am working getting my recipes organized and am trying to work some of those new recipes into the plans each month. It's a job...that's for sure! LOL! I hope your week is going well! Blessings, Sweet Lady! <3

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!