"Choose you this day whom you will serve;
but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Have you made this most important choice in your life?
So many marriages and homes are falling apart. It is only the lives
and homes that are built on the foundation of Jesus Christ
and His commandments that will stand. How can you get your life
on a right foundation and receive God's salvation?
1. ACKNOWLEDGE that you are a sinner. It is your sin that separates you from fellowship with God. (Luke 18:13; Romans 3:21)
2. REPENT of your sin and turn away from it. (Luke 13:3; Acts 2:38, 39; 3:19)
3. CONFESS your sin to God and He will cleanse you and forgive you. His forgiveness is complete. When He forgives, He forgets! (Psalm 32:2; 1 John 1:7, 9; Romans 10:9,10)
4. FORSAKE your own way and determine to follow God's ways. (Isaiah 48:18; 55:7; Mark 8:24-38)
5. BELIEVE that Jesus Christ, the Messiah, is the Son of God. He is the One who has borne the punishment of your sin. (John 3:16; Mark 16:16)
6. RECEIVE His great salvation that He has purchased on your behalf. (John 1:12)
7. BE BAPTIZED (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38; 8:38)
8. THANK Him for His great salvation and His blood that He shed for you. Receive Him gladly and ask Him to take control of your life.