Monday, March 19, 2018

Happy Homemaking Monday - March 19, 2018

Today I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
and all the sweet ladies of 
Happy Homemaking Monday!

Good morning, Sweet Ladies!

I pray that this post finds each and every one of you healthy, happy, and serving the Lord with gladness! HAPPY SPRING! (Only one more day to go and it's official!!! Woo-hoo!) 🐣🌷🍓

Last week didn't go quite as planned. Our son-in-law's grandma took a turn for the worse and ended up in the hospital. It looked like he and our youngest daughter might not make it down for our St. Patrick's Day get-together at all, but, in the end, rather than come down and spend a couple of nights like they normally do, they managed to make it down just for the day...for which we were thankful. One day with them was better than not seeing them at all. We ended up with a houseful of family and friends with close to thirty in attendance. It was a fun day for everyone. Unfortunately, I didn't get a single picture! 😞 I'm hoping that I can talk someone into sharing with me that did. 😉

Let's get started on this week's post...shall we?

Right now I am...

Finishing up my breakfast while I work on this post.

On the breakfast plate...

Eggs, toast, and a steaming hot cup of Irish Breakfast tea

The weather...

We had rain overnight, but the sun is shining this morning. It's 51 degrees at the moment with a high of 60 according to the forecast. Tomorrow looks cool (49 degrees), but, after that 60's and 70's all the way through the foreseeable 10-day.

On my reading pile...

In addition to daily Scripture reading, I am reading Following God's Plan For Your Life by Kenneth E. Hagin and am still reading Walk the Walk - Getting Fit with Faith by Leslie Sansone, and Live Long, Finish Strong by Gloria Copeland (only one chapter to go - VERY good book!!!)



Following God's Plan For Your Life by Kenneth E. Hagin
Walk the Walk - Getting Fit with Faith by Leslie Sansone
Live Long, Finish Strong by Gloria Copeland
Life in the Spirit Study Bible - King James Version
On the menu this week...

I've not done very well at sticking to plan recently, but am going to redouble my efforts this week and try to stick with it all the way through. 

Monday - pasta, sauce, salad, and homemade bread
Tuesday - ham and beans and cornbread
Wednesday - roasted chicken tenders, baked sweet potatoes, and steamed cabbage
Thursday - homemade turkey Italian sausage and fried cabbage 
Friday - homemade pizza 
Saturday - leftovers
Sunday - leftovers

On my 'to do' list...

- Monday - Plan the week ahead, do my weekly "home blessing", laundry, go shopping
- Tuesday - Celebrate the first day of spring, update Winter Bucket List and create and post Spring Bucket List, and get together with my friend, Carla
- Wednesday - Meet oldest daughter-in-law for breakfast at Mary's; preschool programs at the library - "Lunch for a Bear"
- Thursday - Take a friend to her hair appointment
- Friday - Work - Spring Break Program - "Black Bears of Missouri"
- Saturday - Work - Spring Break Program - Nature Bingo
- Sunday - Church - Celebrate Palm Sunday



In the craft basket...

I had some wheat straws left over from some Christmas ornaments that I made a couple of years ago, so last night I soaked them, then sat down and made a few St. Bridget's crosses with them.

I also ordered a new pair of pinking shears so I can start work on those sunflower seed shopping bags soon. 😊





Looking forward to this week...

Doing the preschool programs at the library and spring break programs at work...especially the one on black bears. The Missouri Department of Conservation loaned me a trunk that contains a real bear pelt, rubber footprints, rubber scat, reading books, stickers, pamphlets, and all kinds of other goodies in it. The children are going to love it! 🐻

From the camera...


They did a prescribed burn Tuesday at Prairie State Park. This is the short, quarter-mile loop behind the nature center. You can see how the trail snakes it's way through the blacked and burned prairie.
A charred bison chip.
Ever wonder why this area called Prairie State Park was never farmed? There's your answer! It was too rocky! Most of what is known as Prairie State Park is virgin, native, tall-grass prairie. These rocks actually preserved the prairie by preventing the plowing under of the native plants and grasses that grow there.
Scripture passage...



Well, Ladies, that's it for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed and beautiful week ahead!

Until Next Time...
~Rebecca

Recent posts that you might enjoy reading...


Happy Homemaking Monday - March 12, 2018



10 comments:

  1. Lovely spring pictures. I like your winter bucket list - can't wait to see your spring bucket list. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Luludou! I just posted my spring bucket list and it's a doozy! You have a great week, as well! Blessings! And HAPPY SPRING! <3

      Delete
  2. Those prairie pictures are great! Glad you enjoyed your St. Patrick's Day gathering so much (sorry about your son-in-law's grandma though, hope she's doing better & you get in a nice, long visit soon). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean! Grandma Coonce is still in the hospital and, yes, I look forward to a long visit with the kids soon. Blessings, my friend! Happy Spring! <3

      Delete
  3. Happy Spring to you too wonderful Lady! It sounds like you had quite the St. Patty's day party. ;) Glad your family made it - even if just for the day.
    I want to come to your library!! Lol I used to absolutely love taking my kiddos to the library for events like this when they were little. Guess now I'll have to wait for grandkiddos someday. ;)

    Have a blessed week ahead! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! Yes, the library programs are a lot of fun...for the children AND me! LOL! You just come right on and join us anytime you want to! LOL! Have a great week ahead and a Happy Spring! Blessings! <3

      Delete
  4. Love the pictures. I hope your SIL's grandma is feeling better. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank, Tamy! Grandma Coonce still isn't doing well and is still in the hospital. Have a great week ahead and HAPPY SPRING! Blessings! <3

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed your post. Glad you have something to look forward to. I haven't even thought about that yet. Hm. I'll have to check my calendar and weather to see what's coming up for me. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Kristina! Have a blessed and beautiful week ahead! Thanks for stopping in and commenting! <3

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!