Monday, October 22, 2018

Happy Homemaker Monday - October 22, 2018

Good morning, Sweet Ladies! HAPPY MONDAY! 💗


I pray that this post finds you and yours healthy, happy, and serving the Lord with gladness. How was your week and weekend? Ours was good here! 

On Monday I harvested and dried herbs...chives, sage (enough to last us until spring), and basil. Monday night we got our first frost of the season. 

On Tuesday I took grandson, T.J. out to lunch for his birthday and we had a ball! For lunch we chose cheese enchiladas with rice and beans; later, we enjoyed a hot fudge sundae at Dairy Queen.

T.J. and Nana @ Dairy Queen Enjoying a Hot Fudge Sundae

On Wednesday I presented two programs on bison at the local library. The children seemed to enjoy it and I know I did! (I always do!) 💗 Here is some of the children's artwork. They colored their bison, then embellished them with real bison fur. How fun is THAT?! 😊

Bison Art Featuring Real Bison Fur
I took a friend to her hair appointment on Thursday, then spent the rest of the day catching up on stuff around the house.

I worked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday afternoon. Saturday I worked a special event at the Battle of Island Mound State Historic Site. It was a beautiful day, but it was so windy that, most of the day, I felt like my eyeballs were being ripped out their sockets! It was wild! The good news is...this was my last Sunday afternoon to work until April (we are closed on Sundays from November 1st through March 31). I'm so thankful and am really looking forward to spending Sunday afternoons with family and friends and just RESTING! 💗

Okay...enough about last week! On to the week at hand! 

Today I'm joining Sandra and the other lovely ladies for Happy Homemaker Monday over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom. Won't you join me? ðŸ’—

Today I'm joining Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom and
all of the wonderful ladies of 
Happy Homemaker Monday!


Right now I am...

... enjoying breakfast and a cup of hot tea while taking a break from housework and laundry. I am also working on this post and watching morning sunlight spill across and overtake the view outside my office window. Beautiful! 💗


Am thinking...

... that this is the second week in a row that I've had no time to post anything other than my HHM post and I guess it's got to be okay. I am hoping to find more time to post in the days ahead, but, right now, it's just not happening. I'm glad I didn't commit to a 31 Days of October challenge! 😳

On the breakfast plate...

... almond butter and homemade cherry jelly on toast and Twining's Irish Breakfast tea

The weather...

... Right now it's sunny and 44 degrees with a windchill of 40. According to the weatherman we're supposed to have a high of 66 degrees today with zero chances of rain. The week ahead looks cool with highs in the mid-50's and 60's and nights in the 40's.

On my reading pile...

... Right now I'm reading America Stands (Kenneth Copeland Publications), 5 Things Successful People Do Before 8 A.M. by Terri Savelle Foy, and The Buffalo Train Ride by Desiree Morrison Webber.

On the menu this week...

Monday - hot dogs on buns, chips, apples, popcorn, apple cider, and hot chocolate
Tuesday - Salisbury steak with grilled mushrooms, baked sweet potatoes, and green beans
Wednesday - broiled salmon, baked butternut squash, and steamed broccoli
Thursday - creamy chicken and wild rice soup with homemade bread and salad
Friday - turkey burgers and oven fries
Saturday - homemade pizza
Sunday - leftovers

On my 'to do' list...

- Monday - Plan the week ahead, do my weekly "home blessing", laundry, youngest daughter arriving for a short visit, hosting a clan bonfire
- Tuesday - Work (bison auction), spend afternoon and evening with family
- Wednesday - Catch up on things around the house, rest
- Thursday - Work
-Friday - Work
- Saturday - Work, cousin's birthday party, bonfire and supper at son and daughter-in-law's
- Sunday - Attend conceal and carry class

In the craft basket...

... fairy jars (a project that youngest daughter and I have had planned for months)!

Looking forward to this week...

... spending time with family and attending the conceal and carry class.

Something interesting I watched this week...

... Peggy Buhr give an awesome presentation on General Order No. 11 and it was wonderful! It was told with accuracy from first-hand accounts of women who endured the tragedy of it all. I enjoyed it very much! 


Peggy Buhr Giving Us First-Hand Accounts Written About General Order No. 11

From the camera...


Another Beautiful Sunset Over Southwest Missouri
October 21, 2018
Scripture passage...


Well, Ladies, that's it for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed and beautiful week ahead! And I'll see you next week! 

Until Next Time...
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...



Happy Homemaker Monday - October 15, 2018



7 comments:

  1. What a busy week you have!! Fairy jars... those sound interesting!! Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you had me at homemade cherry jelly!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairy jars - can't wait to see pictures. Love the bisons the children made and your menu for the week is making me hungry! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sunset photo is simply stunning! Thinking seriously of borrowing your menu for tonight instead of whatever I wrote down for ours. Hope you have a wonderful week and get to enjoy lots of those upcoming Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that
    I've really loved surfing around your blog posts. After all I will be subscribing on your rss feed and
    I'm hoping you write once more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Link exchange is nothing else but it is simply placing the other person's
    webpage link on your page at suitable place and other person will also
    do same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thankfulness to my father who shared with me about this web site,
    this weblog is truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!