Sunday, November 11, 2018

30 Days of Thanksgiving - Day 11 - Our Veterans and the Freedoms They've Afforded Us

Today I am thankful for our veterans...those that, down through the ages, have, unashamedly and without apology, served our nation throughout it's history and in times of trouble...giving their all...and, in some cases, their very lives...that we may be free. 

To all those veterans out there I shout out a great big..."Thank you!" 




And even though all of them have passed now, and are no longer with us, a very special 'thank you' is whispered to the memory of my great-uncle, Mick (Milton Fox), uncles, Clifford Brown, Howard Brown, J.B. Graham, and Donald Adams, and to my husband's uncles, Art Cuda, Al Cuda, and Jack Clark for their years of service during WWII. 


My Great-Uncle, Milton ("Micky") Fox
And to all those who lived, fought, and died before them to give us the freedoms that we have today in this great and glorious country...the United States of America!


The Grave of My Seventh-Great-Grandfather, James Stephenson
Revolutionary War Hero - King's Mountain and Siege of Yorktown
God bless veterans everywhere...today and always! 


Freedom Speech from "Braveheart"...

"I am William Wallace. And I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny! You have come to fight as free men. And free man you are! What will you do with that freedom? Will you fight?"

"Two thousand against ten?" - the veteran shouted. "No! We will run - and live!"

"Aye!" Wallace shouted back. "Fight and you may die. Run and you will live...at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!"

Until next time,
~Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. I have recently started a blog, the information you offer on this web site has helped
    me tremendously. Thank you for all of your time & work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! I wish you well in all your endeavors! Blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!