Monday, January 28, 2019

Happy Homemaker Monday - January 28, 2019

Good morning, Dear Ones! Happy Monday! 💗 

I pray that all is well with you and yours. Can you believe that this is the last Monday of January already? Where in the world did the first month of 2019 disappear to? I blinked and it was gone...just like that! 😲 

How was your week and weekend? Ours was good here. 

I took a friend to her hair appointment Tuesday, then grocery shopping. Other than that, I spent the rest of the week at home. In fact, once I parked my car Tuesday evening, I didn't start it up again, or go anywhere, until I had to go to work Friday morning, and, for me, THAT is highly unusual! I spent the rest of the week purposefully keeping up with housework, working on the blog (catching up on the 2018 bucket lists), reading, crafting, relaxing, working on dietary changes, and I started walking again. It had been way too long since I had done so and I could tell it. 😳

I did not end up taking the CPR class with our oldest granddaughter, but plan on catching up with her a bit later in the week this week, which will be nice. ðŸ’— A CPR class is being scheduled through work within the next month or so, so it would have been pointless to pay to take one now, so I didn't.

I worked Friday and Saturday. Then, Sunday morning was church, with lunch afterwards with our church family. The rest of the day was spent relaxing with my husband. We drove out to the park and watched the bison grazing for awhile. Then, came home, read a bit, watched an episode of "Little House on the Prairie", and pretty much did nothing the rest of the day. It was a great weekend!

Now...it's time to get on with a brand new week! Won't you join me as I join Sandra at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom and all the other lovely ladies that make up the Happy Homemaker Monday crew?


Today I am joining Sandra and the other ladies over at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom
for Happy Homemaker Monday. Please be sure to go over and check it out! 💗
Right now I am...

...eating breakfast and enjoying a cup of hot tea while I work on this post. I am also listening to the wind and watching dark clouds as they push to the south.


Outside My Window This Morning
Am thinking...

...about how most of the battles we face are fought in the mind. I am determined to get the upper hand over the thoughts that assail me by, as instructed in the the Word, purposely taking each one captive to the obedience of Christ (2 Corinthians 10:5).


On the breakfast plate...

French toast spread with Smart Balance and a drizzle of SF syrup, Triple Zero vanilla yogurt, and a steaming cup of hot tea

The weather...

...cloudy, windy, and 37 degrees with a windchill of 27. We're under a wind advisory now and a polar vortex is supposed to swoop in by tomorrow evening. Wind chills are predicted to be between -10 and -20. Starting Thursday, temperatures promise to improve with highs in the 40's and 50's. Without much wintry weather this year, I'm more than ready for spring! Bring it on! 🌷

On my reading pile...

Am still reading The Great Buffalo Hunt by Wayne Gard, God's Will for Your Healing by Gloria Copeland, and Pioneer Girl  - The Annotated Autobiography by Laura Ingalls Wilder. (I am lovin' this book! I so wish my mom could have read it. She would have eaten it up!!!) 💗


Pioneer Girl - The Annotated Autobiography by Laura Ingalls Wilder
On the menu this week...

Monday - roasted chicken breasts, sauteed mushrooms, baked sweet potatoes, and steamed broccoli
Tuesday - broiled salmon, baked butternut squash, and salad
Wednesday - turkey and wild rice soup and salad

Thursday - 
turkey Italian sausage, fried cabbage, and beets
Friday - broiled salmon, baked potatoes with cottage cheese and chives, peas and carrots
Saturday - turkey burgers, sweet potato fries, and salad
Sunday - leftovers


On my 'to do' list...

Monday - Weekly "home blessing" (condensed version), laundry, HHM post, walk, run errands
Tuesday - Walk, start working on book project
Wednesday - Walk, have lunch with granddaughter; visit with dd in the afternoon

Thursday - Walk, figure February budget and bills, get together with my BFFF
Friday - Walk, bank, pay bills, work
Saturday - Walk, work
Sunday - Church


In the craft basket...

...a photo album project, recycled Christmas card crafts, and cloth napkins

One of my simple pleasures...

...a steaming hot cup of tea...morning, afternoon, evening...it makes no difference to me 

(Aha! A rhyme! I'm a poet! And I didn't even know it!) 😆 (Actually, I am a poet and I did know it, but...who cares???) 😜



Something interesting that I watched this week...

The episode of Ozark Watch Video Magazine that features the Harry S Truman Birthplace State Historic Site in Lamar, Missouri and Prairie State Park (where I work) near Mindenmines, Missouri. I've been looking for it for quite a while and finally found it. If interested, you can watch it by clicking HERE.


Photo Credit
From the camera...


Bison Crossing The Road At Prairie State Park
Scripture passage...



Well, Ladies, that's it for this week! I pray that each and every one of you have a blessed and beautiful New Year, and I'll see you next week! Blessings!

Until next time,
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...



Winter 2019 Bucket List






9 comments:

  1. You've inspired me - I'd like to find some Little House on the Prairie for my kids to watch tonight. Love the pictures, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was noticing big black clouds in the north as I drove to work this morning, wondering if they were bringing the chilly weather. Wow, you accomplished a lot last week. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picture of the clouds! Menu sounds good. Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. You reminded me I have salmon in my freezer that I need to eat soon. Love that photo with the Bison. I love Little House. We have the DVD series for most of it too. Have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! Look at those clouds!! Love the buffalo pics! Save me a spot at your table.. I'm heading your way for dinner this week!!! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know one of my favorite Pastors did a whole series on taking back our minds in the age of anxiety. It was so good, and really taught me how to not let the movie that plays in my mind affect my life. If you're interested it is Pastor Furtick and the series is on Youtube and called Triggered.

    Have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Becki! Glad I was able to inspire you! Did you find some "Little House" last night?

    Thanks, Jean! So far, so good! The really cold weather is supposed to hit tonight. Stay warm!

    Thanks, Lucy! You have a great week, too! :)

    Thanks, Kristina! You have a fantastic week, too, and enjoy that salmon! :)

    Spot at the table saved, Jodi! What night will you be here? LOL! You'd be most welcome anytime! (For real!) :)

    That's awesome, Sandra! Thank you! I just got done watching a two-week series with Carolyn Leaf on KCM.org. I plan on starting her new book soon. I tell you...everything we do is spiritual and she puts the science behind the spiritual and scientifically proves the scriptures to be true. Absolutely amazing! Have a great week! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm running so late this week in visiting! I hope you have had a great one. I love your cloud picture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Tamy! Good to hear from you! So far...so good! I'm heading into my work period for the week (Fridays and Saturdays) and then it will be time to start a new one. Time goes by so incredibly fast that, sometimes, it's unbelievable! Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping in! Blessings! <3

    ReplyDelete