Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Hello, April!

Happy First Day of April! 💗🌷💗

Image may contain: flower, plant, nature, outdoor and text

Here in southwest Missouri the weather is gorgeous and we are experiencing an absolutely perfect (70 degrees and sunny) day! We couldn't possibly ask for anything better! 🌞

This morning I went through the closet and swapped out winter clothes for summer. While I was at it, I tossed out a few things that were in really bad shape and bagged up two bags of clothes to be taken to the Good Samaritan. It felt to get that done and I hope, by fall, to clear out a lot more. 

I, also, made a Pineapple Upside Down Cake this morning (will be sharing the recipe for that a little later). My daughter and I had been discussing our family's love of pineapple and, the next thing I knew, there I was...baking AGAIN!!! 🍍😲🎂

Pineapple Upside Down Cake
John and I went out earlier. Ran up to Casey's to get a drink and just get out of the house for a bit. We dropped a couple of things off at our daughter's and visited with her and our grands for a while (from the car and at a distance). On the way home, our daughter-in-law was out mowing, so we stopped and visited with her and our grands there for a bit...again from a distance and never leaving our car. At both stops our youngest grands were enjoying the abundance of dandelions growing in their yards. I took this picture of granddaughter, Mary, with dandelions in her hair...

Miss Mary With Flowers In Her Hair
...and she took this one of me. We both think that we look absolutely lovely with flowers in our hair! Don't you? 💛 

Nana With Flowers In Her Hair
Upon pulling out of the driveway there, my sweet friend, Nellie, was out walking, so, we stopped and visited with her (from the car and at a distance) for just a few minutes and it was all wonderful! BUT...I'll sure be glad when I can get my hands on those grandlittles and (((((HUG))))) 'em all good and tight! It's been way too long and this Nana's heart is achin'! 💔

Well, I'm going to get going. My husband and I are wanting to get outside and walk around the yard to see what's happening out there this afternoon.

What's the weather like where you're at? And how are you and yours spending this lovely Wednesday afternoon?

Until next time...
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...

6 comments:

  1. The cake looks delicious! I made Pecan Pie Muffins today for the first time, they are really good! Love ya. Angie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Angie! Grandpa Rudy got me started on Pineapple Upside Down Cake. It was his favorite and he often had one waiting for me when I was a kid. The Pecan Pie Muffins sound good! Will have to try them sometime! Love you, too! <3

      Delete
  2. Love, love, love dandelions...and when I was a child we always put them in our hair too! We don't really have many dandelions in Florida and I miss them. I hate that people want to kill them. They are a wonderful little flower. Your Pineapple Upside Down Cake looks delicious. Making me want some. Praying we will soon be able to hug our loved ones and friends again. I think there will be a whole lot of huggin' going on when that day comes. Have a blessed and safe and healthy week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love, love, love dandelions, too, Pamela, and, yes! I hate that people always want to kill them! They don't realize what a wealth of health there would be growing right there in their own backyard if they'd stop the spraying! Thanks! The Pineapple Upside Down Cake was delicious! My husband even ended up getting into it in the middle of the night! LOL! Hope your Thursday is going well! Health and blessings! <3

      Delete
  3. The cake looks good and your grandbaby is adorable! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 11, open April 1 to 26. All entries shared on social media if share buttons installed. I’d like to invite you to check out my other current link parties too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dee! Appreciate all you do! Blessings, Sweet Lady! ❤️

      Delete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!