Monday, July 20, 2020

Master List and Menu Monday - July 20, 2020

Greetings, Dear Ones! 💗

Welcome to my first ever Master List and Menu Monday post! In this post I will simply post my to-do list and menu plans for the coming week. My hope is that it will help or encourage someone in some small way...perhaps give an idea, jog a memory, or spur someone on to greater heights in their own homemaking arena.


So...such as it is...here goes!


Granddaughter Kira Picking Her Very Own Baby Tomatoes
This week's master to-do list...

- clean house
- do laundry
- pay bills
- work (includes leading an night hike Thursday evening)
- post a few blog posts
- put up tomatoes (if there are enough)
- bake bread
- read
- collect, color, and dry Queen Anne's Lace (check out my friend, Cyndi's, site for a free tutorial on how to do this by clicking HERE)
- go for daily walks
- observe the nighttime sky (my goal is to observe and record information about specific constellations, specific stars, the International Space Station, and Comet Neowise)
- prepare for and host out-of-town company (my friend, Dorothy, is coming to stay for a few days - please continue to remember her in your prayers after her son's murder - it's only been a month and three days and it has been so hard on her) 😢


Zucchini Growing In Our Garden

This Week's Menus...

On Saturday I cleaned and organized the deep-freeze, taking an inventory of the foods it contained as I went. I was surprised to find that there are still several packages of zucchini and peppers left from last year, as well as quite a bit of turkey broth leftover from Thanksgiving. I will focus on using these items up first as we move through the next few weeks. 

Most of the zucchini will be turned into muffins, cakes, and brownies, the turkey broth will be used in soups, and the peppers in casseroles. 

I have an ample supply of flour, oats, and cracked wheat on hand, so those will be turned into simple and healthful homemade breads.

There were also several pounds of dried beans and a big bag of corn meal in the deep-freeze. I will start scheduling bean dishes regularly as soon as fall weather arrives...or I get an Instant Pot...whichever comes first! 😆 

In the meantime, I removed the beans from the freezer, allowed them to thaw overnight and the bags to dry (from sweating), then stored them in a plastic tote. That, alone, freed up quite a bit of freezer space.

By the time I empty it of last year's vegetables there will be very little left in the freezer and it will be ready to restock with fresh meat and vegetables for the coming winter.

Monday - Breakfast for supper
Tuesday - Tuna and noodles with green beans
Wednesday - Chicken and Wild Rice Soup with Rustic Oat and Wheat Bread
Thursday - Italian sausage-stuffed peppers with sauce, whole wheat pasta, and homemade French bread
Friday - Broiled salmon, cheesy potatoes, corn, steamed broccoli, and homemade bread
Saturday - Oven-roasted chicken breasts, cheesy zucchini, oven-roasted carrots, and homemade bread
Sunday - Leftovers

Well, Ladies, that's it for this time! I pray that all is well with you and yours and that you have a blessed week ahead!

Until next time...
~Rebecca

Recent and related posts that you might enjoy reading...

Blog Changes Coming Soon

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited to be getting zucchini and squash out of our garden. I cut them up different ways. I cut them for stir fry, slices for roasting or grilling, an shredded for casseroles or quiches. I have also sliced some for scalloped. Yummy. I vacuum seal them and put them into freezer.

    ReplyDelete

I value your readership and love reading your comments! Please leave one today so that I know you were here! Have a wonderful day and God bless you!